“Eloping in Wanaka”
Review of Wanaka Helicopters

Wanaka Helicopters
Ranked #8 of 59 Tours in Wanaka
More attraction details
Owner description: Wanaka Helicopters offers a variety of high standard flights around Lake Wanaka, into the National Parks and surrounding areas such as Mount Aspiring, and to spectacular Milford Sound. All scenic flights include remote alpine landings and walk arounds. We operate a variety of different sized helicopters, which means that no minimum passenger numbers apply to our flights. We can cater for all number combinations. Wanaka Helicopters also offers a product called Heli-Adventures, which includes soft adventure type activities for the more adventurous, such as mountain biking, fishing, hiking and jet boating. We also offer to opportunity to fly yourself in a one off training flight called our 'Mission Possible'. Not only are we a scenic flight operator, we are a training school, training pilots to gain their private helicopter license, as well as their commercial helicopter license. All our instructors are highly professional and safe pilots and flight instructors.
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We got married on Coromandal Peak overlooking Lake Wanaka and were flown in by pilot Chris who is now our Best Man! Nicky in the office, was helpful, friendly and very easy to deal with in regard to booking and planning. On the "Big Day" Chris used his vast experience in guiding the photographer to the best views for our photos. Great service, great staff.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Simon is an excellent pilot, and he showed us the best scenery we saw in New Zealand, maybe the world. The Mount Aspiring tour with a snow landing could not have been better. Definitely worth it.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed 20 July 2014

My lovely girlfriend bought me a "Mission possible" gift voucher for my birthday, which I have been excited to use for some time now. Thursday the 17th of July, we both went to Wanaka to for a relaxed day and for me to do my helicopter flight.

Checked in at Wanaka Helicopters at the airport and after a briefing with my pilot Dean Williamson we jumped into the R22 (The helicopter) to get ready.
Went for a 30min flight around the Wanaka area, and gotta say the scenery is absolutely breathtaking. The whole flight experience is amazing, got to take full control of the R22, practicing hovering and loads more.

If you're looking for a truly EPIC experience I can highly recommend "Mission Possible" or any other flight with Wanaka Helicopters. It will blow your mind.

Special thanks to Dean Williamson for making my flight legendary, unforgettable and for realizing a life long dream.

3  Thank TomBro1984
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Wow, I did nit know that flying in a helicopter is so much fun! It's just beautiful and you see such a lot. We went up the Pisa Range today and got into the white, fluffy snow overlooking Wanaka and the Southern Alps. It was majestic! Pete, the pilot was very knowledgable and would share his helicopter wisdom with you. This could turn into an addiction, that's for sure. Could do it again straight away tomorrow!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We recently had to good fortune to take an hour long tour with our pilot Chris. We spoke to him nearly everyday about our trip. We finally got a beautiful day on Thursday 3rd July. Words cannot really describe the amazing beauty of the views from a helicopter. Our boys aged 10 and 11 had the time of our lives, Mum and Dad too. It is an experience that we will all remember. Chris shared his knowledge with us and answered loads of questions. It was very exciting to fly close to the mountains, see all the places they filmed Lord of the Rings and to land on the mountain. We filmed on our Gopro and Chris took some great photos. The flight back over the Lake was amazing. It was over too soon. It may seem pricey but it is an experience not to be missed. Thanks also to Nikki. I think we were just as excited as the kids!

1  Thank Louise H