“Evening Dining.”

Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Spice Room is an exciting new Indian Restaurant and Lounge, with a fresh and healthy take on authentic Indian flavours. Warm up next to the big fire in the lounge with eclectic Indian snacks, salads and curries. Or relax and dine in with our affordable wine and cocktail list. The menu has been designed keeping in mind the authentic favors of India along with the diversity of various dishes, there is a lot of emphasis given on home style Indian cooking which is uncomplicated, yet brings out the favors for which Indian cuisine is so popular.With over 25 years of collective experience in the kitchen, you can be rest assured that you are going to be treated to the finest that Indian cuisine has to offer.
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Just dropped in for a casual takeaway and liked the look of the their restaurant. Glad we did.
Atmosphere and service great. Central and good parking.

There are newer reviews for The Spice Room

Reviewed 5 September 2013

I was taken out to the Spice Room for dinner and wasn't all that excited, as I'd been for Indian the previous night and like to have a bit of variety. I was pleasantly surprised though, after receiving the best service and most incredible Indian food I think I've ever eaten!
It's not your typical 'see how hot we can make it' Indian (which I do like by the way), but instead just the most amazing flavours! We even had chocolate chip naan bread with icecream and 100's and 1,000's at the end!! Surprisingly YUM!! Oh and the presentation was excellent too.
They also have lots of local meat, like Venison, Goat, Lamb & Fish - three of which we tried (they were out of Goat unfortunately).
I'll definitely be going there again when I get back to Wanaka.

1  Thank Mike T
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Had the best Indian food I have ever tasted at theThe Spice Room. We shared the samosa's which were really good and quite a substantial serving for an entree, so was glad we shared, and I had the Goat curry which was absolutely beautiful. Not too hot but really beautiful spice flavours and the meat was very tender, and quite a large serving. I think hubby had a vindaloo (whatever it was, it was on the menu as 'some like it hot') and it was HOT. Probably too hot for me but he enjoyed it. Service was good, restaurant was busy so would advise to book, and lots of people in getting takeaway. We were seated next to the fire which was a little warm so maybe ask for a seat away from the fire when you book if you get overheated easily. Overall I don't think the meals were more expensive than anywhere else in Wanaka, but we had some extra's here so the bill was a little dearer, but it was worth it!

1  Thank KateW66
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

Ordered takeAway after recommended by some locals to try the "best Indian restaurant in the Southern Hemisphere" it was absolutely sensational. Try the butter chicken. You won't be disappointed...

Reviewed 2 September 2013

Love The Spice Room! Every time I go we get so well looked after, the cocktails are delicious. The curries are huge, flavoursome and amazing and I LOVE the chocolate naan for dessert! Great vibe, service and food. My favourite place to eat out in Wanaka :)