“Fantastic Adventure!!”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Fantastic Adventure!!”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Where to begin! This adventure was a highlight of our trip in November 2013. Our guide Anna was fantastic. She was knowledgeable, a great leader, and fun to be around. We did the Big Nige tour and LOVED it. This company seems to be the “real deal”…they may not have a brand new shiny bus, but you get a fantastic canyoneering / abseiling experience that can’t be beat. Small groups, beautiful water and canyon, great water rappelling, great guide, SO MUCH FUN. We recommend this company and would do the trip again. We also loved Wanaka in general. Thank you for a great trip!

Visited November 2013
4 Thank Ashley H

Cologne, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Exciting Time!”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

if you get a chance to try this, it is a MUST! Having never done anything like this before we booked the Niger Stream as it calls for no experience necessary. Unfortunately our tour had to end early due to an injury in the group, but what we did get to enjoy was really fun! Anna was really patient with the whole group. Can't wait to get back there and try another canyon. It's so easy when everything is provided for you. Show up with a full stomach, wearing a swim suit and they take care of the rest. Don't miss out!

Visited January 2014
3 Thank rmockus
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Exhilarating Experience”
Reviewed 29 January 2014

After being strongly recommended to try out Niger Stream by Rough Guides and reading all the wonderful reviews on TripAdvisor, I booked a day trip with Deep Canyon. I had never done anything of the sort before, was afraid of heights and did not have the best swimming abilities. Even so, it turned out to one of my most memorable highlights while in New Zealand. Anna, our guide, gave us insightful commentary along the way and made sure we understood clearly what we needed to do. In no part of the trip did I feel unsafe. Not only was canyoning fun, the scenery was stunning as well - whether it was the view along the drive to Niger Stream, from the top of the mountain or the emerald pools of the canyon. Lastly, the other Anna (Robins) helped me out tremendously. She resent to me all the photos of the trip that I had purchased but had accidentally deleted from my computer!!! Thank you Deep Canyon for this wonderful and unforgettable experience!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Wayne1031
Wollongong
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Excellent Experience”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

We did the 'Leaping Burn' canyon with Anna on boxing day 2013. It was a fantastic experience! I was extremely nervous when we started but our excellent guide Anna made me feel very safe and was very patient with me as I got my confidence. Everything is provided (wet suits, booties, gloves, helmets, shoes) and each abseil or jump was explained very clearly. It was also good that there were different options for each stage - you could abseil or jump from different levels depending on how daring you were! I loved this canyon and can't recommend it enough - looking forward to doing another one next time I am in Wanaka.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank rez16
Boulder, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The highlight of our trip!”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Thank you Craig for an awesome adventure on the Big Niger! We loved every moment and felt safe with your guidance. We will never forget it!

Visited December 2013