“Delicious food, great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Lone Star

Lone Star
Ranked #47 of 79 Restaurants in Wanaka
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Bar, Grill, New Zealand
Good for: Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Delicious food, great service”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

My husband and I dined here while in Wanaka for our honeymoon. The meals were extremely filling and both waitresses were very happy and chirpy. Would recommend to all

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Melissa M

Kurow, New Zealand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great for large groups to meet up at”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

They have accomodating friendly staff. This place is great for large groups meeting up or just a few. Great lighting and atmosphere! The meals are consistantly delicious and you can choose from medium or large sized meals.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Kendall M
“Nice quiet dinner”
Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

My wife and I visited on a quite night and were asked to sit in the bar first which was odd considering there was only 3 tables of people. Not that that really mattered. The food was nice, very similar to hogs breath for those who have been to one. My only gripe would be that our overhead lighting was dimmed to near dark when our food as served and I found it annoying to eat in the dark. Otherwise a nice night.

• Visited September 2013
Waikanae, New Zealand
“Top service”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Good food, excellent service, nice and warm and
unhurried. Lone Star at its best. Steak was rare and exactly how I like it.

Visited October 2013
Dunedin, New Zealand
“Usual high Lone Star standards!”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

It has been years since I went to a Lone Star. We were visiting Wanaka and decided to go to Lone Star as a treat. It was just as I expected. Excellent, friendly, outstanding service. A long wait for a table (you can't book) but we had gone early expecting this. I love the décor - funky Southern States style with memorabilia on the walls. We expected huge meals and weren't disappointed. My husband and I had a soft shell taco each to start (yummy but not the best I've ever had) and shared a long stack of 12 ribs as a main. That filled us up! Delicious. (Not good first date food!) All up $100 for dinner and pre-drinks for the two of us. It's not a cheap meal but we really enjoyed ourselves and you certainly leave feeling satisfied.

• Visited September 2013