“Nothing compares to lone star. Love it!”
Review of Lone Star - CLOSED

Lone Star
Cuisines: American, Grill
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Just got spoilt by lone star. Thank you for my 12 rib meal a Pavlova for desert and a T-shirt! You guys are awesome! I should have worn my fat pants....
Thanks Tyron Ian Adams for the jug of beer.I Sure got spoilt. xox

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Been to lone star 3 times in last 6 months - you'd think I'd learn.
Poor overall - what happened the Lone Star of old?
Where do you get your staff from? Especially the chefs - or are they chefs?
Yet again very very disapointing!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We decided to dine at Lone Star for our one night in Wanaka. The staff were friendly, and the food divine!! Not cheap, not cheap at all, but still really enjoyable!! Nice atmosphere. Cant fault it! :)

Helena R, Manager at Lone Star, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thanks for choosing us when you stayed in Wanaka! We really are glad you had a great night and thank you for that great review. Hopefully we see you back again when you have more time to spend in beautiful Wanaka.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

The salmon was ok could have been more succulent, a bit firm for my liking but my husband loved the lamb shanks.
The climbing wall visible from the restaurant was a talking point.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Not much to dislike here.

Lone Star is predictable but that's one of its plusses. Generous servings, well prepared, extensive menu. Excellent staff who made it easy and relaxing.

From our table we could see the climbing wall in the business next door - added entertainment!

Helena R, Manager at Lone Star, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Thank you for your comment, we really do try to provide a great service so it's a great feeling when it's acknowledged. We look forward to having you back again soon.