“Best takeaway in Wanaka”
Review of Wana Takeaway

Wana Takeaway
Ranked #55 of 91 Restaurants in Wanaka
Cuisines: Fast food
Reviewed 16 August 2012

OMG. Now that Boa-Boa has taken over, this is my go-to hangover spot. The breakfast burger is legit. Coming from the states, I hadn't had a decent breakfast sando in such a long time. Thank you! Also, the owner spent some time in the states, so you know those burgers are gonna be good.

Reviewed 22 July 2012

With not much time to spare, this is the best way to continue our sightseeing with less hassle and it is reasonably cheap and fast

Reviewed 19 May 2012

I ordered the fish and chips and it was good value - with fresh blue cod well battered and good crisp chips. Still wrapped in old-fashioned newspaper. No complaints.

Reviewed 8 May 2011

When I was passing through wanaka I wanted something quick and cheap, and I saw the perfect place right on the lake front shops... Wanna takeaway!
The young lady behind the counter really new what she was doing and was joking about the wether etc.

My husband got a burger (tropical?) which was well worth the price and I got some blue cod, all the ingredient were fresh!

Would definately recommend for someone wanting cheap greasy but tasty food!

1  Thank Blahme142
Reviewed 2 May 2011

We happened upon this place the day we arrived in Wanaka, when we were keen for a decent portion of food for under $30 a person, a hard ask in Wanaka.

We did not get off to a good start. The young woman working there was quite rude and direct. But she got the food ready quickly, and when it arrived, it was really quite delicious. We just went for fish and chips. I had the elephant fish; my wife had the cod. Both were very tasty, and well-priced.

The takeaway is directly acros from the lake, so on a sunny day it is lovely to wander acros and picnic on the beach.

1  Thank DMZ2009