“Best Fish 'n' Chips in NZ!!”
Review of Wana Takeaway

Wana Takeaway
Ranked #68 of 87 Restaurants in Wanaka
Cuisines: Fast food
Reviewed 16 June 2013

OMG I am still dreaming about the fish 'n' chips I had at Boa Boa! My parents had a fish'n'chip shop for 15 years so I am very fussy when it come to fish'n'chips. By far the best Fish'n'chips that I had in NZ and for quite some time too if I am honest. I wish I had longer in Wanka so I could eat here again and again! Good value for money!

1  Thank RenaeG76
There are newer reviews for Wana Takeaway

Reviewed 31 May 2013

Really nice quick lunch stop at Wanaka- Menu had a lot of yummy options but we chose the Boa Burger and Pork Belly burger- which were well above average. Plus there's a great view of the lake and super friendly staff!

1  Thank Tigsy B
Reviewed 1 February 2013

If you go to Wanaka you have to try out Boaboa at the lakefront shops. The burgers are without doubt the most mouthwatering delights you could ever imagine. The Fore Quarter of lamb has a thick, and I mean thick, prime piece of melt in your mouth lamb and I found the Pork Belly to be the same. Fresh, very generous in size, cooked to pefection and restauraunt quality. I have not tasted a finer burger anywhere and had one every day for the 10 days I was there. They also had plenty of fresh salads, scrummy fish and chips wrapped in newspaper like the gold old days. They even had Crayfish and blue cod fresh in from the coast. The fish in NZ is to die for. For a traveler like me it was just great.

Reviewed 24 January 2013

It was a beautiful sunny Sunday afternoon and what better way to spend the day than to go for a picnic at the lakeside. So off to Boa-Boa for take out of fish n chips wrapped in newspaper (like they used too do), white bait on bread (maybe not so great but had to give it a try), a tub of tabouli salad, drinks and that's around $35. Good value!

A bit slow on the service so hopefully you aren't famished and the queue is not that long ... or maybe better if you go outside the rush hour and drop by one of the local pubs for a quick drink ahhh refreshing!

Reviewed 31 December 2012

We had the pulled pork burger. It's the best I've ever had - including in the States. Can't wait to go back. Would definitely recommend. Also sizes were generous- perfect for sharing!