“Just Awesome”

Aspiring Fly Fishing - Day Trips
More attraction details
Owner description: New Zealand is regarded as a trout fishing mecca. The Wanaka region has some of the most amazing landscapes, boasting gin clear rivers, streams and stillwaters with large wild brown and rainbow trout, a combination that provides a ‘once in a lifetime’ fly fishing experience. Let Paul hook you up with some of the best of New Zealand’s stunning rivers stalking trout.
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Just Awesome”
Reviewed 14 December 2013

As a 40th birthday pressie from my wife, I had a full day's guided fishing with Paul (2 people had already recommended him) and I was not disappointed! Spending a day under Paul's watchful eye produced 5 beautiful fish and although I come from a fly fishing background - albeit several years ago, I thought Paul's advice and guidance were second to none. My skills and knowledge were certainly improved and I feel much more confident in my new found abilities.

Spending a day in the wilderness with someone you don't know personally can always be a risk as to how enjoyable your day is going to be - luckily I found Paul to be a really down to earth and personable guy and I enjoyed his company. Even when I got my line into a fankle, lost fish, cast into trees etc, he was exceptionally calm and patient and helped defuse my own frustration

Long story short, I had a cracking day with Paul in some of the finest scenery in the world and had a fabulous day fishing. I'll definitely be calling upon him next time i'm in town. JT (Sydney, Australia)

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Jason T

Brisbane, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“November trip”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Hi had the pleasure of spending two days with Paul. I found Paul to be very knowledgeable and professional. He gave quiet tips on how to improve my fishing and then gave me the opportunity to enjoy the experience. Paul adapted to my skill level. I will be returning to fish with him in the new year.

Wim

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Wim S
Paul M, Owner at Aspiring Fly Fishing - Day Trips, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Many thanks for the kind words Wim, I too enjoyed the few days on the water with you.
I look forward to seeing you again in the new year.
Regards