“Great Food!”

Cafe Lago
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I was very impressed when we ate here on our first day in Wanaka. We ate lunch here and the bangers and mash was the best ive ever had! Would highly recommend. Little gem in a perfect town!

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Came to Café Lago for breakfast and was blown away with the friendly customer service, I was greeted as soon as I walked in the door which was nice. Checked out the extensive menu and there huge cabinet of delicious looking food. In the end I chose the Rosemary Hashstacks and my boyfriend had the Lago grill which was huge, and delightful. Such great value. And you have to come and try the Lavazza coffee, its amazing. I will definitely be back!!!

Reviewed 23 May 2014

We stopped in for breakfast...the place was lovely and warm on a cold winters day. Friendly staff. The food came out looking like works of art....very well presented and delicious aswell. I heard one young traveller (about 10 years old) exclaim..."this is amazing" when presented with her pancakes. Will return.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Although the food in the food cabinet looked delicious , the proof is in the eating.Our corn fritters with bacon were over microwaved, tough and greasy.My companion returned hers and got an apology and a alternative but I wasn't approached even when it was obvious that mine was abandoned less than half way thru.Trying to get tea is also a mission and at $4.50 not value for money. Esp as it comes as a make your own! You get a 3/4 cup hot water and a tea bag!!!.when a pot is requested and subsequently searched for-after loud comments of we don't do pots-it arrives at the table only half fill of hot water.What is it with this cafe-do they have to pay extra for hot water! The net profit from tea must be huge compared to coffee and I don't see the coffee drinkers being forced to make there own.if I wanted to make my own tea I would have stayed at home.The idea of going to a cafe is NOT doing it yourself I would have thought.An audit of the crockery would be a good idea as my milk jug had 2lge chips and the relish dish had 1.All up not the best $18.50 I've ever spent.On the bright side the cinnamon roll was fresh and tasty and nice to see the dead pot plant in the corner has finally been replaced.All up the review is Could do better.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Not good. Food wasn't as per description, processed frozen unoriginal, service slow and poor. Kids got beans from a can. Not recommended. A shame.

2  Thank Heftybag