“A Good cuppa”

Federal Diner
Ranked #18 of 81 Restaurants in Wanaka
Cuisines: Cafe, New Zealand, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London, United Kingdom
“A Good cuppa”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I had coffee here while I was walking the lake, the coffee was really good and the views of the lake and the surroundings were great.

Visited March 2014

Lyttelton, New Zealand
“To be avoided.”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We were drawn to the Federal Diner because it reminded us of the vibrant buzzy cafés at home in Christchurch. The prices were mostly dearer than expected, the service chaotic and disorganised, and the food unpalatable to say the least. I ordered eggs Benedict, the chiabatta was dry and stale as if it had been toasted the day before and then soaked in butter leaving me with a rubbery lump on the plate that I was unable to cut. Although one egg was delightfully runny the other had been poached solid. There was no hollandaise sauce but instead a buttery substance that had split in the cooking. My latte was the only saving grace of the meal. As I wasn't asked at any point how my meal was I didn't give my feedback at the time. Value for money? No. Worst $42 spend ever.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank LouBLoo50
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Cool, Funky Breakfast Joint - wishing those scones were gluten-free”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Yes, the scones made me wish I wasn't gluten-free - bliss! And taunting from their displays. Had a great breakfast here one morning, loved the free wifi and chill atmosphere, outdoor seating. Good food.

Visited February 2014
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Superb cheese scones”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our morning coffee at this delightful cafe and had absolutely the best cheese scone ever!!! Absolutely delicious, fresh out of the oven. We weren't in Wanaka long enough for a second visit for another scone but it will be top of the list for next visit. Thank you Federal Diner.

• Visited March 2014
london
“It is really as good as its reviews”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Federal Diner is a relaxed friendly cafe serving first rate food and coffee .. And the cheese scones really are very special.

It benefits from friendly attentive staff and a hidden central loaction. Simply a rare treat ...

• Visited March 2014