“Great coffee & food & free wifi”
Review of Federal Diner

Federal Diner
Ranked #15 of 85 Restaurants in Wanaka
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
“Great coffee & food & free wifi”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Lovely spot tucked away behind 47 Frocks shop on Helwick. Lots of big tables for friends and families. Loved my polenta cakes with mushrooms, haloumi and spinach. Good kids choices and the Fluffy (ala baby cino) with a chocolate fish was a big hit. Free unlimited wifi was a big hit with all and kept us there for more coffee.

Sydney
“Great spot to catch up for coffee with friends”
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

A great atmosphere here with the international " industrial diner vibe" where you can sit on a stool and watch the chefs busily working in the kitchen or people watch.
I loved the large open tables and relaxed feel. It's clearly a popular place and our coffees were served with a groovey artistic design in the froth on top- mother nodded and was impressed.
She loved her scone and we got one for the man of the house who gobbled every morsel from his takeaway bag. I would definitely come here again.

• Visited July 2014
Nelson, Nelson, New Zealand
“Hawea Flat!”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Late lunch. At 3:00pm it was still busy but service was fast and friendly. I had the Hawea Flat small meal. I was worried that it was Flat Bread as I don't do much bread. But turns out it is named after a nearby location. Dish was based on Spinach and Polenta and absolutely delicious! Beth had Lone Ranger which was a Flash Ciabatta Bread Chicken Sandwich. Too much for her, so bagged half of it for later.
I can understand why this place is so popular, nice friendly people and great food. What else do you need?

Visited July 2014
Port Macquarie, Australia
“Delicious!”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Lovely open yet cosy cafe in a sunny corner off the main street in Wanaka. I had the vegetarian breakfast burger and my husband had the eggs benny with REAL salmon. We both tried their famous cheese scone which was delicious!
Service was prompt and friendly.
The only bad thing is that we discovered this cafe on our last morning so weren't able to visit again :( Perhaps they could better advertise.

Visited July 2014
“Good coffee and atmosphere but food not so great :(”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Hidden away little place was very busy with locals and visitors alike. I'd heard their scones were amazing and there coffee pretty good too and I wasn't disappointed with my almost perfect flat white coffee. We waited a while for our food but that was understandable considering every table was full and the friendly waitresses were helpful and accommodating with our order. The sandwiches and soup served to other tables looked amazing but my burger dispite it's good looks was bland, tasteless and a little burnt. A new recipe for beef patties is deff needed and the cook should have picked up and corrected the lack of taste n flavour when prepping the menu. I would reccomended this place for coffee and service and i havent tried the rest of the menu so i cant comment but don't bother with the burgers. Overall this wouldn't be a place I'd reccomend to friends or be keen to return to which is sad because its such a nice little cafe!

• Visited July 2014