“BEST. EGGS. EVER.”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 16 September 2017

The organic eggs are absolutely incredible!

We were recommended this place by a local when I asked if they knew of any cafe for lunch with wholefood and GF / DF options. I'm so glad they told us about Federal Diner otherwise I never would have known! I love how you have to walk down a little alleyway from the main street to access.

I'm gluten free and dairy free and although they don't mark the dishes with 'GF' 'DF' etc. The staff were friendly and helpful and just by reading the menu it was pretty obvious which dishes were.

For lunch I had roast pumpkin, free-range chicken, greens, quinoa with almond butter dressing. My three year old had a poached egg on toast with a side of bacon (very reasonably priced kids meals).

We all went back on our last day and enjoyed quinoa and coconut porridge (although I would have liked more pineapple and mango on top :) ) and poached eggs with bacon. The eggs are INCREDIBLE - perfectly poached with golden egg yolk spilling out onto the plate when cooked. They were absolutely divine. Will definitely be going back next time we're in town.

Sian W, Owner at Federal Diner, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, and great to hear that you enjoyed your Federal experience. I've taken note of your comment regarding the GF / DF marks on the menu and will have a think about adding this to the next seasons menu. Hope to see you next time your in town

Reviewed 15 September 2017

Have enjoyed many a meal here with and without Children , great food and atmosphere
Have never been disappointed.

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, and great to hear that you enjoyed your Federal experience. We are very child friendly so glad to hear that the kids enjoyed it too.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

4/5 of us were disappointed with the breakfast meals served to us today.

2 pieces of bread, a small bit of dry salmon, half a wizened tomato and 2 poached eggs was not what I had expected when I ordered tho I see it is pictured on their website. Pretty poor I think for a cafe. Others in the group had similar experience.

On the positive side the engaging barista served great coffees and when The cashier asked how our meals were she apologized.

Sian W, Owner at Federal Diner, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, and I'm disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your experience. I will be taking your comments on board and addressing the presentation.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Visited Federal Diner for dinner on Fathers day. Had a wonderful night of good food and drinks. The restaurant can be a little noisy but it wasn't too busy so noise was ok. Food was good as always.

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, and great to hear that you enjoyed your Federal experience. Yes, your right it can be noisy at times due to the open play nature, but glad for your trip this wasn't the case. Hope to see you next time.

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

Gotta try the roti!!! It's amazing We also has the seafood chowder, was extra tasty! The coffee is solid too! Cute little place

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, and great to hear that you enjoyed your Federal experience, the roti has now become our best seller - even more than the cheese scone! Hope to see you next time your in town