Manuka Crescent Motel
Clearbrook Motel Wanaka(Wanaka)(Great Value!)
US$160
Lakeside Apartments(Wanaka)
US$320
ASURE Brookvale Motel(Wanaka)(Great Value!)
US$98
The Moorings(Wanaka)(Great Value!)
US$153
Bella Vista Wanaka(Wanaka)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$94
Agoda.com
Alpine Motel Wanaka and Apartments(Wanaka)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$91
Edgewater(Wanaka)(Great Value!)
US$218
US$197
Agoda.com
West Meadows Motel(Wanaka)(Great Value!)
US$146
US$132
US$110
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewsresidential areatown centrequiet suburbsatisfied staystocked kitchenettestayed one nightroom was spacious and cleanplunger coffeelaundry facilitiesfree wifipleasant place to staycooking facilitiescentral wanakathe kitchengreat showerfew minutes drivenice stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 April 2012

This is our third motel in NZ. We rang the night before to book a unit for 3 people plus Moms standard poodle as they took pets. We made it clear on the phone we had a dog. Yes that was OK. Arrived and person at reception denied that we mentioned a dog. This person was the person we spoke to on the phone. She then said no dogs and no refund as it was too late to cancel.After an arguament she then said yes to the dog but the dog would be an extra $15,00.

We will never go back to this place.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Peter L
MCM47126, Owner at Manuka Crescent Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2012

Dear Peter thank you for your review we were very disappointed with your comments and can see that the situation was not handled very well by our staff and for that we apologise. We do allow pets by arrangement and have allocated specific units for those reservations and do make a small charge of $15 which should all have been explained at the time of booking and clearly wasnot in your case. The staff member that was dealing with you had very little english and I am guessing that this is where issues may have arisen as you were booked into a unit that is not allocated for pets? She is no longer with us and we can only apologise once again for the confusion.

Reviewed 7 March 2012

Very friendly personal welcome at this spacious and well-appointed motel in a quiet part of town. Also very good value of money - one of the cheaper motels we found in our New Zealand travels.

Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matthew44
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Was pleased to find this place for a last minute summer holiday with our daughters dog in tow.We thaught it was going to be a problem finding a pet friendly property in Wanaka but not so.This place was great.Clean and tidy and if my wife said so you know it is.During our five day stay all the dogs there were not seen or herd .I think what also made our holiday this year was the weather was settled and sunny over the New Year period for a change no wind.There is a small pool in which I took a daily dip.Could have used a ladder as getting out was a problem for this old boy.

Manuka Cresent is in a quiet part of town within walking distance of lake and Lake Side walking track which is set up for dogs with water fountains and po bags for good dog owners.If you wanted to go to town you need transport as I think most people there did have.There is a great assortment of shopping in the Industrial part of town not far away so no need to join the ques in town.Try the Mediteranian Deli or butchershop with much more.Try Relish for a nice meal in town.

Room Tip: Just remember your paying 3 star prices and don't expect to find a five star Hotel
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Where to begin, I was so well behaved for ever since Owner mum and Owner dad went down to Wanaka and Queenstown last time and it paid off!!! I got to go too this time. Owner mum wanted me to have some fun on a holiday too so she found the Manuka Crescent Motel especially for me. When she was searching the interweb and making phone calls I made sure stayed close to her and helped all I could. I know how stressfull booking trips can be; I looked at the screen with her and sat by her and eventually she smiled at me and gave me the best cuddlehug, my tail did wag so many times.

We got there and a nice lady gave us free milk, how nice is that?! My room was nice and big with another small room inside it with a comfy big bed in it there were 2 smaller beds for 1 human each in the main room, where the couch and TV were, not that this mattered to me, I had my bean bag. There was a humans shower room and a toilet inside for them, I still had to go outside for my toilet, and I don't care much for showers, but all my human pack were happy, so I wagged my tail for them. All of the humans had towells, I did not and they could have coffee, different teas or hot chocolate to drink, made all the better for the free milk they'd been given. There were nice grounds for me walk around and I found a baby hedgehog so I told Owner mum and she moved him to safety, I'd seen cats about, you can't trust cats, I learned that lesson.

It was nice not to be right in the town of Wanaka, cos I get spooked buy lots of noises so this was just nice for me. The pack drove into the town which takes about 6 minutes, that's your human minutes, don't multiply it by 7, it's not necessary in this case. We could have all walked but the rain put some of the pack off this idea, I was secretly quite glad, I just hate the smell of wet human.

We had a nice time in the clean big room with small rooms inside it. I am now trying really hard to be just so very good that I can go on another holiday trip with the rest of my pack next time they go. Pet Friendly is the bestest, thank you.

Room Tip: They are so friendly on the phone so if you are not sure if looking online, call them, simples.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank SirRodneySpyke
Reviewed 16 December 2011

This motel must be the best value in New Zealand, just $125 for a largish 2 bed apartment which was clean and tidy and had sky tv. It's a bit of a walk into town which we enjoyed and wifi was not available in our unit although I understand that it was in others. I would highly recommend this motel and will certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: Check that your room has wifi as not all do
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family