All reviews one bedroom suite duck pond a lake view room tennis courts lake edge buffet breakfast washer dryer walking track stunning location walk into town first floor new zealand the ground floor living area comfy bed great room south island
Reviewed 24 February 2012

We had a lovely stay at Edgewater and Lake Wanaka Area. January days are long and views are incredible. The Facilities was were very clean, rooms spacious and staff friendly. We enjoyed our buffet breakfast in the restaurant and the walks along the lake. We will come back again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Edgewater_Resort, Public Relations Manager at Edgewater, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2012

Dear Carl,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience of staying at Edgewater. The walks along the lake are stunning and January is the perfect time for this with the long evenings. We look forward to welcoming you back again one day soon.

Reviewed 23 February 2012

We stayed at this beautiful hotel for our honeymoon so we had the honeymoon suite so I can only comment on that room.
The room was so luxurious with views out onto Lake Wanaka and the surrounding mountains. The restaurant was nice and served nice food. We were not given any assistance with our luggage however which is probably my only complaint. The staff were friendly and helpful. It is a pricey hotel and not centrally located - it's a fair walk into town but we loved it and would definitely like to stay there in the future.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience of staying at Edgewater during your honeymoon. I am pleased you had a wonderful stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

This resort is somehow deceptive from the first impressions. It is a very large resort with a lot going on and yet it manages to be very tranquil. The views are gorgeous, the room spotlessly clean and lovely linen! Another place with a stuffy room and no air con but an open window solved the issue and no noise from around to annoy. We stayed here for 2 nights and had a meal in the restaurant the first night which was nice but husbands lamb was just a touch tough. Did have lunch there too the next day following a long local walk and I thoroughly enjoyed the spanish omelette which wasn't huge but so very tasty.
Walked the easy lakeside walk into town the following night for a meal and plenty of choice of places to eat to suit all choices and purses.
A wonderful place to visit from the laid back traveller to the highly adventurous.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Edgewater_Resort, Public Relations Manager at Edgewater, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2012

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience of staying at Edgewater. I am pleased you had a lovely stay in Wanaka and enjoyed what our town has to offer.

Reviewed 17 February 2012

I only have 2 regrets from my trip to Queenstown and Wanaka - My first regret is that I could not skydive due to weather conditions and my second regret is not having spent more time at Edgewater and Lake Wanaka. It is one of the best resorts I have been to and I had a truly memorable time from check in to check out, it all went smoothly.
I loved my room - cosy with bright colors, beautiful and comfy bed, floorboards in the bathroom and the non-slippery mat & flashlight provided were very thoughtful.
You walk into the room and you get a welcoming feeling with the door open and the radio on. There is also a fan in case it gets too warm. The paper at your doorstep in the morning is also a nice touch.
The view of Lake Wanaka from my balcony was stunning. It made you want to grab a seat, grab a book, put some Gotye on and lose yourself in the novel for hours lifting your head once in a while to admire the view.
The staff were great - really friendly, helpful and always up for a chat. Edgewater is about 15 mins walk to town so it's not too close but you get to walk along Lake Wanaka so I was happy with that. It is also great for jogging and runs.
I loved the fold out map that comes with your room key upon check in!
Edgewater offers the option between a full or continental breakfast. You have to try their award winning scone with whipped cream - delicious.
I loved everything about the hotel and had a wonderful and relaxing time. I will definitely stay there when I return next year.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Kevin S
Edgewater_Resort, Public Relations Manager at Edgewater, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2012

Dear Kevin,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience of staying at Edgewater. I am pleased you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and had the chance to sample our award winning scones! We look forward to welcoming you back again next year.

Reviewed 16 February 2012

We stayed at this high level resort for two consecutive years.Everything was to our satisfaction.At 300 -350nz dollars per night I hoped for free internet.This was not the case.The service staff was helpful and very friendly.

Room Tip: A must: rooms facing the lake
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for sharing your experience of staying at Edgewater and I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. In response to your feedback we do offer a free internet service at our lobby internet kiosk. Sorry if you were not advised of this at check in. We are currently working with our internet service provider to look at providing an introductory internet service in room.