“Delicious!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Black Peak Gelato
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Wanaka
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, View
Dining options: Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We make outstanding homemade gelato and sorbets from a 70 year old Italian recipe that uses local produce- made with passion on the premises in vintage gelato machines. Come and see how these old machines work, you may be lucky enough to get a sample straight out machine if you time it right. In store we make over 70 different flavours with 18 to choose from daily. We cater for all dietary requirements with dairy free, gluten free, egg free, nut free flavours every day. If your in Wanaka over Winter we also make delicious crepes and hot chocolate. We hope you have a great time in Wanaka from all the Black Peak Gelato staff.
Sydney, Australia
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

Simply beautiful icecream. I had Cointreau orange and chocolate - a winning combination! Friendly service too.

• Visited January 2014

southern England
“Fabulous gelato”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

These are definitely the best ice creams we have tasted for years. Just on the waterfront - don't miss it!! Loads of different flavours, all freshly made, and brilliant service

Visited January 2014
Dunedin, New Zealand
“Nice gelato. Friendly service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

Went for gelato late night. Lovely friendly staff and yummy gelato. Had the peach and caramel flavors both were very nice and loved the peach chunks. Very well done :)

Auckland Region, New Zealand
“real italian”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

I would like to have the vanilla taste more like vanilla. it lacks flavour. the macademia was nice and so was the white kiss. but compared with Kapiti, the vanilla lacks flavour

Visited December 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“First time I don’t finish an ice-cream”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

Sorry folks, I DO NOT GET why this place is rated to high. I just could not finish this ice-cream, one of the worst I have had in years. I do not want to sound like an ice-cream snob, but it seems to me that there is little tradition of Italian gelato in New Zealand. In fact, this was the only ice-cream parlor we spotted in our entire vacation. The owner could use a trip to Italy (or to many other places in Europe and North America) to get it right. My choices were Panna Cotta, Hokey Pokey and Chocolate. Maybe I happened to pick the worst flavors…

• Visited November 2013