“A foodies heaven” 4 of 5 bubbles

Florences Foodstore & Cafe
Ranked #28 of 79 Restaurants in Wanaka
Price range: US$1 - US$12
Cuisines: Cafe, New Zealand
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, View, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“A foodies heaven”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

Packed full of local and imported food goodies, nice coffee and plenty of cake options to chose from for a cafe stop. Service was very slow, despite not many others being there. However they recovered well by giving us 2 free coffees for a return visit. Just minutes out of town on the Cardrona road. Friendly staff.

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Sharyn M, Owner at Florences Foodstore & Cafe, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Apologies for being so tardy in my response. I'm sorry you found the service slow - it was in fact a pretty busy day for us, being the last day of the school holidays. I'm glad the girls offered you complimentary coffee and that you had a better experience. Thank you for taking the time to review us

Wanaka, New Zealand
“Sit back and relax”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

For a Birthday treat I was taken to "Florence's" and what a thoroughly enjoyable experience.
The staff are friendly, welcoming and pay attention to details. The food delicious and tailored to my individual taste which was an important element for me.
The environment both indoors and out provided the opportunity to just sit back and relax.
I congratulate the Owner of the Business whom was present during my visit. The standard of service she has established and maintains exceeded my expectations. THANK YOU so much.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sharyn M, Owner at Florences Foodstore & Cafe, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thank you Donah.

So tardy in responding to your gorgeous review and for this I apologise.

Truth be known - I've just learned to be more proficient at the response!

I remember you and you family and thrilled you had a lovely day.

Introduce yourself again when you return.
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
“Love it,love it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

Our second visit, and just as fabulous as our first visit 18 months ago. Gorgeous food (king size meringues like I've never seen or tasted before), great food-store products, lovely welcoming staff and a superb location. A deightful foodie experience.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sharyn M, Owner at Florences Foodstore & Cafe, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Thank you. We are thrilled you enjoyed your second visit as much as the first - no doubt we will see you for more in lovely Wanaka.
Vienna, Austria
“business first”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

yeah, this cafe looks nice at the first glance. but if you encounter the boss, an older blond woman, you maybe get a glance behind the curtain. she is very business-orientated and can turn out to be a devil. I was having 2 coffees and a toast etc for breakfast there, sitting in the cafe exactly form 11 a. m. to 1 a. m., then she came to me and threw me out with the comment: "you have been sitting there for 3 hours, only having 1 coffee, now you have to go." apart from the lie that I was sitting there for 2 hours and had more than 1 coffee, what kind of policy is that??? I answered: "Wow. your are throwing me out. that never happens to me in austria." she: "we are not in austria. I have to care for my business." I went to the counter where she was already waiting for me to pay and I said: "I want to pay." she: "I hope so". she was very mean, very nasty, very unfriendly. I really felt insulted.
later I talked to a local here in wanaka and she told me that she also had a very bad experience with that woman and she never will go there again. do I have to say more?

Visited March 2014
5 Thank maria w
Thank you Maria. We are a busy Wanaka café with many weekend bookings to honour. Our customers are our business and we appreciate all feedback. .Kind regards
Mapua, Nelson
“A new Wanaka gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

I can't believe that we are staying so close to Florence's and only managed to enjoy a coffee and lunch with you, so far into our stay! It is a delightful venue and a welcome respite from the busy-ness and commercialism of the cafés in the towncentre and we loved the quiet ambience, the outdoor seating area and the lovely choice of cakes and pastries ! The lunchtime specials were delicious too and my husband loved his risotto dish. Good luck in your endeavors - I think you have really filled a gap in the market!

Visited March 2014