“best italian in wanaka”

Ranked #7 of 89 Restaurants in Wanaka
Price range: US$0 - US$22
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Excellent, affordable Italian food with a vibrant atmosphere and a real wood fired pizza oven. Lunch served from 12.00 Pm to 3 pm. Dinner served from 5.00 Pm to late. Bookings essential for dinner. We accept Cash, Eftpos, Visa, Mastercard and American Express only. Gift Vouchers available. No wifi. Open seven days a week.
Reviewed 6 August 2014

we had bruschetta, arancini balls and salad as well as a pizza and it was all excellent! Nice wine too, would definitely go back!

Belinda S, Owner at Francesca's Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Hi there, Thanks for your kind review. Cheers!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,164)

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Eating dinner alone mid ski season, mid school holidays. Hmmmmm. No trouble at Francesca's, although a booking was absolutely essential. Eating alone in restaurants you're either loved or loathed by the staff, but it was definitely all warm italian (british, kiwi) love here - I was looked after so well. The food was really well priced and cooked to perfection. I had three separate staff recommendations for the dish that I chose and they didn't disappoint. Great to see an independent wine selection also. See you next visit!

2  Thank emmakiwi73

Hi there, I'm so glad you enjoyed dining with us. We hope to see you again soon. Cheers!

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

The food is truly fantastic and service superb. They made a beautiful tomato pasta purée for my 8 month old and accommodated my very fussy 2 year old. Nice clean high chairs. The pastas are amazing ( slightly better than the pizza in my opinion).
Value for money is great. Seriously and the portion sizes are generous but not silly. Everything is good quality. We went twice this trip, we will be back next time.

Hi there, Thanks for your lovely review. We were happy to help. Cheers!

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

While not easy to find, this place is worth seeking out if you're after good italian food.
Great pasta, pizzas and desert worth every calorie.
Find the time to eat here if in Wanaka.

Belinda S, Owner at Francesca's Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Hi there, Thanks for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your meal. If others have trouble finding us just look for the Speights Ale House on Ardmore Street, Wanaka's main street that runs parallel to the lake, and we are right behind that. Cheers!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I have many reasons of why I'm so in love with Wanaka so much. One of them is because I had, honestly, the most delicious lunch at Francesca's Italian Kitchen. My tummy was so happy after having their Orecchiette. The pasta was so al dente and cooked to perfection. Once it was inside my mouth, it was bursting with flavours. The pasta was cooked with brocolli, chilli, garlic and house made Italian sausage. DELIZIOSA!!!!
I also had their meatball, tomato and mozarella slider and hot chocolate. YUMMO!!!

It was such a beautiful sunny arvo on that day and the pasta tasted even better. I was served really well by their staff. The restaurant was very charming, comfortable and decorated very italian-ish. They also played very good Italian music. Loved every aspect of it!

Next time I will try their wood pizza. I'm sure it would be amazing. Francesca's Italian Kitchen is definitely a gem in Wanaka. Do make sure you come here for lunch or dinner!

Belinda S, Owner at Francesca's Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Hi there, Thank you for such a glowing review. We like to send people away with happy tummys. Cheers!