Lakeview Motel
Clearbrook Motel Wanaka(Wanaka)(Great Value!)
US$162
Ramada Resort Wanaka(Wanaka)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$142
US$111
Travelocity
  • Pool
Bella Vista Wanaka(Wanaka)(Great Value!)
Archway Motels(Wanaka)(Great Value!)
Lakeside Apartments(Wanaka)
The Moorings(Wanaka)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbay windowshared balconyseparate toiletone nightloft bedroombreakfast barcommunal bbqlaundry servicefantastic viewsoverlooking lakesmall kitchenettefree wifidownstairs roomroom was clean and comfortableminute walklovely towngreat room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 June 2009

Highly recommended place! Spacious, cozy, clean and fully equipped kitchen. The living area was big, with a plasma tv to boot! Bedroom is on 2nd level (which was a bit troublesome for my husband due to his night time toilet trip, otherwise fine for me). Balcony was big and spacious and provided a fantastic view of the lake.

In addition, I'm extremely pleased with the service too. I arrived at the lodge late (their office close at 6pm and I arrived past 7pm)...and was worried that there will be no one to pass me my room keys. But Leanne, the owner, very kindly stuck a sticky note on the door informing me of my room number. And inside the room, was the key to my door, the wireless internet passcode and map of Wanaka. I was deeply touched!

Overall, easily one of the best places I've stayed in NZ!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2009

We stayed for just the one night and enjoyed it very much. The rooms are perhaps in need of updating but are perfectly adequate and clean. Bed comfy and the room quite a good size. The views more than make up for anything that might be lacking. We were lucky to stay on a perfect day and were able to enjoy the stunning views. The owner/manager was also very friendly. Would stay again if in Wanaka.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed here for two nights on the 24th and 25th of February. The studios are situated on a slight hill just off the main drag but are in very easy walking distance of the township. The studio we had was very spacious, with a nice big bathroom and separate toilet. The view from the front door was spectacular - given the studios' [there are 6 of them from memory] elevated position - overlooking the lakefront and surrounding hills. It was very quiet, even though it's on a residential street. [All good Kiwis are in bed by 9pm]. Pleasant owner.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2009

Four of us spent over two weeks touring around the South Island and this was the best place we stayed at. The studios are quite spacious, they're elevated and they look out over Lake Wanaka. The front of the units are the opposite side to the street so it's quite private. Close enough to the township to walk there but far enough away so that it's very quiet. A great place to come back to at the end of the day. Very nice staff/management and reasonably priced.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 23 December 2007

I stay in Wanaka one night (I was heading to Milford Sound from Christchurch). A bit tricky to find but the room was nice. Had what I needed (namely cable TV, microwave and a frig) and the bed was comfortable. You have a beautiful view of Lake Wanaka and the city itself and it was a nice starry night so I could finally see the Southern Cross (as well as Orion which was 'upside down' to this American tourist (lol). The owners were nice and tried to find an adapter for me (did not have one but directed to a local store where I got one).

I also went to the local movie theatre, Cinema Paradiso, which is must for any movie geeks like me.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled solo