“Great food”

Ranked #48 of 88 Restaurants in Wanaka
Price range: US$16 - US$22
Cuisines: New Zealand
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Enjoy the fresh and contemporary atmosphere in Sargoods Restaurant and Wineglass Cafe, situated at the very heart of Edgewater. Savour the outstanding New Zealand wines and cuisine, from the Wineglass Cafe menu, on the surrounding outdoors terrace area, and soak up the spectacular scenery and ambience of Lake Wanaka. Enjoy an extensive breakfast buffet in Sargoods Restaurant daily.
Reviewed 5 July 2012

We enjoyed a couple of meals here.A great idea for those of us who enjoy smaller meals - is a choice of 3 tapa size tasters.

Reviewed 26 June 2012

We enjoyed our experience here, for something a bit more classy, didn't let us down.

Reviewed 9 February 2012

My husband and I went with friends who live in Wanaka and who go to Sargood's to have lunch on about 4 out of every 5 Sundays. They enjoy it for a great number of reasons so we were happy to be guided by them.
We sat outside on a very hot day, and waiters had reserved a table overlooking the lake. Super views, quiet, and no feeling of being cramped or jostled by too many tables too close.

Staff were very efficient, courteous, and sensitive since one of our party had to arrive late. The garlic bread I ordered was just simply the nicest I have ever eaten when out; light, airy and yet perfectly seasoned. My garlic soup (one that I try whenever I see it on a menu) was fairly fully herbed and slightly less garlicky than I prefer - but still extremely delicious and I was very happy with it. My omelette to follow was beautifully cooked. My husband's eggs with smoked salmon he said were lovely and very similar to eggs Benedict. STaff at all times were just quietly there when needed and made no attempt to usher us away when we had finished. The cost we felt to be very reasonable given the quality and overall standard of the lunch - something we will certainly do again when next in Wanaka.
I would highly recommend this restaurant - in fact I was rather amazed that it wasn't higher up the list of places to eat in Wanaka.

Reviewed 24 December 2011

We have been looking for good restaurant food in Wanaka for the last 7 years and this year we found one.
Good location, good service, good food and reasonable price.

Reviewed 15 December 2011

We have been coming to Sargoods for many years, and it never disappoints. Kids live the outdoor sace, putting holes, trampoline and grass to run around on. We watched the world cup quarter finals on the big screen which was great.
Food always good, service great, nice to still see the same faces each visit- must be a good place to work! Will be back again next week for coffees with an amazing view