“A very comfortable stay”
Review of Altamont Lodge

Altamont Lodge
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We stayed for two nights and our room was spotless as were the communal bathroom and shower rooms. ,kitchen facilities were super.
Nolene and rod were very welcoming and helpful.
The lodge is great for walking into Wanaka or driving further afar to do day hikes in mt. Aspiring.

Room Tip: The rooms have nice outlook onto a garden area.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 March 2014

We only stayed one night,and would have loved to spend more time in such a pleasant and comfortable place! Everything was perfect.The best value for money you can find in
Wanaka,and with such, friendly hosts..

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I spent 7 days here,I was attending a wedding close by,noleene and rod were utterly brilliant-looked after me so well-I cannot say enough good things about my experience here-loved every minute-rod has a great sense of humour and noleen is just lovely dropped me off at the wedding venue so I would not be late and washed my shirt for me too-fabulous-Kitchen has everything u need,showers and toilets spotless

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed with our 6 month old daughter and the hosts were very friendly and accommodating!

The facilities were exceptionally clean and the kitchen was well equipped!

The hosts were full of helpful information about the local area and the walk to Rocky Mountain via Diamond Lake was fantastic!

Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I couldnt agree more with the rave reviews. This place is really a cut above the rest - spotlessly clean and you have your own space in the refridgerator and storage. Rod provided many helpful suggestions and made every effort to make our stay delightful. the kitchen and the common living spaces are simply wonderful. There was another group who were a lot of noise pretty late at night and Rod very rightfully asked them to lower their voices keeping the other guests in mind. i couldnt recommend this place enough.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Red_Panda2218
Reviewed 27 January 2014

This place is truly a 'gem' and I use the term in all authenticity and very sparingly. Rod and his wife are exceptional people and very helpful and friendly from the very beginning.

Secondly, the room and the whole living area and kitchen are like a small boutique ski lodge. This is in no shape way or form a backpacker hostel and must I say a very unique place.

It is clean, tidy, excellent location and staffed by the best 'kiwis' one will encounter. Rates are competitive and everything is simply wow!

10/10 on all counts

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I was pretty disappointed at the rude treatment we received. Some guests complained about the 'noise' we were making. Completely unfair. While we did come in late, not one of us had said a single word and we had been in the building for less than a minute before some lunatic came running out to tell us off.

In the morning, someone made further complaints about noise. Even going as far as saying we had guitars!

The person running the show then came into our room and barked orders at us to leave. He even came right up to where I was sleeping and shouted at me in particular. I felt that he used his size and the fact that he was male to intimidate me.

He calmed down when we explained our version of events. He then went on to tell us all about his inappropriate way of dealing with some drunks in the evening before. None of us paticularly appreciated this after being shouted at and being treated so horribly.

I found the manager's behaviour to be very inappropriate, intimidating and rude. Even if we had been singing with guitars and making real noise I think he could have dealt with us in a different manner.

• Stayed: December 2013