“Basic, comfortable and charming”
Review of Green HIlls Hotel

Green HIlls Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Nyeri
Malaga, Spain
“Basic, comfortable and charming”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I wanted to give this hotel a 3.5 rating. Although it was built in the 1970s (not fact checked) it gives off an air of faded colonial elegance - both in terms of its architecture and the rather sad state of the rooms. I stayed there for a week and just about remembered the way to my room by the time I left.
The room was large and basic, and the bed reasonably comfortable. However, the state of my bathroom left a lot to be desired. The toilet took a LOT of persuasion to flush, my shower (an attachment in the bathtub) didn't work, and there was a huge crack in the hand basin meaning that it didn't retain water long enough for me to shave. Having said that, I've stayed n worse places and soon adapted to the situation.
Breakfast was wonderful and the restaurant staff so friendly and helpful. Evening meals were good - I tried both local and 'western' dishes and enjoyed everything served to me.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Only there for one night, with most of the day spent in a meeting, the staff are friendly and attentive, food is nothing out of the ordinary but is good and plentiful. Check in and check out was very smooth. If your driving and in the lower wing rooms you can park right outside your room.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Msitu_1
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I was amazed at how the staff at Green Hills were friendly, warm and always willing to go the extra mile to help me. The premises are beautiful and I quiet. I would recommend Green Hills Hotel to anyone who needs a pocket friendly budget hotel

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Naisiadet
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 13 December 2013

This was the second time we stayed at Green Hills. Its a good choice for visitors to the region. Safe, Comfortable, Clean, Family friendly and above all, Affordable. The food choice is quite good and suitable for travellers from Europe and the US who don't want to try the local fare, although the menu does have quite a good choice of that also. The rooms are basic, but have everything you need, and you can park right outside your room which is a huge plus. The spa and gym are great value and I would recommend that you partake in their services when you visit. The staff are friendly without being what I call "Tip Friendly". There is free WiFi over the entire complex, (including in most rooms) however it is a bit slow. Would definitely use it again, Anyone planning a Christmas or New Year away from home, I would suggest they look at Green Hills in Nyeri.

Room Tip: Choose the Lower Wing rooms, so that you can park outside, get one close to (behind) the Spa for a b...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank scotschas
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

I fell in love with the garden, quite beautiful. The staff were also very friendly and assisted us in our first swimming lessons plus I got to work out for the two days in their well equipped gym. Carry your shorts and your gym outfit not forgetting the swim wear the sun can be inviting.

Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Oleket E
Mbabane, Swaziland
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I was here in may 2010 for two weeks with a group of doctors from Nigeria and have been looking for a way to write my review until now. This a very well located hotel with many green gardens.
The ever smiling staff are simply wonderful they took time to teach us Swahili.
The meals are really nice and very good for the prize. The staff helped us every morning to make a take-away pack we took with us each time we were leaving to the villages. Besides the fact that we were allowed to eat as much as you want from a variety of food set before us. Dinner was a special treat for us too.
Sunday lunch was in the garden with life music band playing. The variety of cake was great leaving you confused on which to take.
The spa was another great place. We had a free session at the Spa and gym. Only one of the two jacuzzi was working though. But we had fun any way.
The rooms are lovely. Every morning we had a little basket with small of the essentials a traveller will need and a bottle of water.
The beds were always neatly made with a mosquito net.
The bathrooms are clean and neat with towels replaced everyday.
I had lots of fun here, learnt a little Swahili and made friends too.
I recommend this place and am looking forward to staying here again n again
ASHANTI BUA NA

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank MgdaleneI
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The place is set in a good tranquil location that allows you to relax. Very clean and well kept hotel with good looking gardens (though we visited during the rainy season). Staff are very helpful. Our experience was wonderful.

Room Tip: They have parking near most of the rooms so remember to request rooms with parking access.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Peter L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nyeri
The White Rhino Hotel
#4 of 5 in Nyeri
Treetops Lodge
Treetops Lodge
#3 of 4 in Aberdare National Park

Been to Green HIlls Hotel? Share your experiences!