“Overnight Stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Malmesbury
Table Mountain Guesthouse
Ranked #2 of 7 Malmesbury B&B and Inns
Knysna, South Africa
“Overnight Stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2013

Limited available bed and breakfast locations in Malmesbury but this was quite acceptable. Parking off-road is available on request. Breakfast was served with moderate attention and the food was good. Unless travelling to Malmesbury I prefer to locate a B & B closer to destination.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
iancoetzee2016, Owner at Table Mountain Guesthouse, responded to this review, 15 January 2016
Dear John.
It was quite a while since you rated us on Trip Advisor. We would like to welcome you back in the near future to see if we can improve on your stay.
Regards
Ian

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
vredenburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

I stayed at this guest house over the last six months. Thank you to the staff who always assisted with a personal touch. Ian and Elize were always prepared to do something extra for me when I needed something. Thank you for giving me a 'home' over this time.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Elmarie G
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

I recently needed a place to stay for a short trip to see my brother who lives close to Malmesbury. Ian and Elise Coetzee, who own the Guesthouse were the most wonderful hosts. Not only were they professional, they were extremely kind and friendly to myself and my brother, and made us feel at home right away.

I had noticed on the website that airport transfers could be arranged. Not only did Ian and Elise meet me at the airport, they picked my brother up, transported us to and from dinner, to and from town the next day, and on the return journey dropped my brother back at his home and me at the airport. All in a timely and professional way.

The Guesthouse met and exceeded my expectations after viewing the website. This is one of the few sites that the pictures actually do reflect the reality. Our rooms were clean and fresh. Breakfast was served at our requested time and we were treated like royalty throughout our stay.

I would not hesitate to recommend this Guesthouse to anyone who needs a friendly and comfortable place to stay in the Malmesbury area.

Thank you Ian and Elise for a wonderful experience.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank ColorSplashes
Bethlehem, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2012

Great establishment. Been there several times. Friendly staff. Nice rooms and exellent service at all times.

2 Thank johan_loubser
cape town
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2012

My daughter and I had a great experience here. The hosts were very hospitable and attended to our every need. Also had great breakfasts. Room was very cosy.

Room Tip: choose one with a view overthe swimming pool with a view of the countryside
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Debbie A
Johannesburg, South Africa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2012

The establishment looks awesome on the outside. Unfortunately the host was not as welcoming. We had to ask for toiletries to be replenished and was told that this is only done once upon arrival. She promised to replenish for the remainder of our stay and this was done only once despite us bringing it to her attention. There was a function/party one of the nights and the noise was so loud and unbearable. I sent management an sms and no action was taken, I only received an apology the following morning. On our last day, we were told at breakfast that they ran out of fruit and yoghurt. My biggest dissapointment was when I got asked upon checking out if there was a small towel in my room insinuating that I had taken it. I am back in the area for the next 3 weeks and I am not prepared to stay with them.

Room Tip: Double bed and a shower as opposed to a bath only.
, Owner at Table Mountain Guesthouse, responded to this review, 21 June 2012
I break down guests complaint to 5 points: 1. HOST WAS NOT WELCOMING...never did guest complain to my wife that manageres was not welcoming or friendly, I phoned 10 other guest also residing there at the same time and they had no complaints about host.(host is now well aqainted in the operations of our establishment and beloved) 2. TOILETRIES...Host immediately responded to the toiletries and all involved admits that toiletries where replenished there after on a daily basis, our experience is that guests usually bring there own toiletries and are our toiletries there as a back up but most certainly replenished daily. 3. THERE WAS A FUNCTION...it is true, guest sms was sent 21:36 that she could not sleep for the last hour. OUR GUESTS WHERE VETS, DISCUSSING NEW MEDICINES, THERE WAS ONLY BACKGROUND MUSIC WITCH I PERSONALLY PUT OFF AFTER RECEIVING THE SMS. Our house policy is communicated very well that the entertainment area closes at 22:00 and that no conversations are allowed even on the veranda's after 23:00. Guest could close a second door right infront of her room leading downstairs if she really wanted rest. Receiving her sms I personnally went and closed the door. At that stage most of our other guest where on there way to bed. There are always the one or two guests that want to carry on. Again at around 22:50 after ONLY chatting at the bar for the last 50 or so minutes I personally escourted them on there way. All was quiet at 23:00. I personally explained our predicament to the guest the following morning after breakfast and she accepted my apology. 4 THE JOGURT AND FRUIT...My wife personally communicated the breakfast arrangements with guest. As we were fully booked, we made every one the same breakfast. No complaints!!! However one guest did not eat any meat or eggs, only fruit and jogurt. Complainant must of saw this guest eating fruit and jogurt. As it turned out complainant then wanted jogurt (not fruit and jogurt). The jogurt was finished, our new manageres did slip up as she forgot to get more jogurt the previous day, (our appologies) the staff even went accross the street to our house to get jogurt for our guest. THERE WAS NONE. 5 THE TOWEL INSIDENT....our staff reported while guest was enjoying breakfast that the face towel in her room was missing, manageres politely asked guest if she not by accident had packed in the towel. I was at the front door, 5m from complainant/guest checking out and did not even hear manageres asking about the towel. At that stage I did not even know about the towel incident. Guest and her friend (other complainant on the 25 May 2012) greeted politely and left the premisses. I even offered to carry there bags but they refussed as their suitcases where compact and had wheels. My wife went to inspect the room as she had inspected the room the previous day. She and the staffmember confirmed that the face cloth and the face towel was missing. They found complainants old used face cloth in the rubbish bin...disgarded of. I personally inform the booking agent in advance of the insident as my wife tried to invoice guest for the towel and face cloth. However nothing came of the request. I DO FEEL THAT GUEST IS TRYING TO DISCREDIT OUR ESTABLISHMENT, AS OWNER I WAS THERE WHEN GUEST BOOKED OUT...Iff I was asked about a towel I would immediatly offer to open my suitecase and see iff I accidently had packed in the towel.

Travellers are raving about these Malmesbury hotels

Johannesburg, South Africa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2012

I just checked out of the Guest House to accusatory questions regarding a face cloth. I'm deeply disappointed by the Hostess of the establishment, she is not as friendly to non white customers and she is a disappointment to experience one expects at a guest house. Firstly, they do not replenish toiletries on a daily basis, so too bad if you have used all of your small bottle of body wash. I had to sleep on a single bed, that was far too short for me and I was advised that I could not change my room....so my stay was uncomfortable in more than 1 way. A group of guests were up till 11 partying, with no consideration to the other guests wanting to sleep, and no apologies were made. Whilst I have to admit the ladies that help to serve up breakfast is friendly and courteous, however, this only makes up in a very small way for the unfriendliness of the Hostess. I would highly recommend that it might be better to drive from Cape Town everyday than stay at that guest house.. DEEPLY DISAPPOINTED!!

Room Tip: Double beds are better than single beds
1 Thank Tania T
, Owner at Table Mountain Guesthouse, responded to this review, 27 June 2012
See our full response under other complaint on the 25 May 2012 "stay was not welcoming". Guests/complainants are friends and stayed over together.

Why does complainant have to play the race card after 18 years of democracy? Come on!! Look at our guestbook, all South Africans make use of our facilities and love us. I do admit that our host/Manageress was still very new in her job, at the time of the complaint, but are these remarks towards her unfound.
TOILETRIES were discussed in other mail.

Guest slept in room 2 that have one single bed (normal length) and a three quarter bed (normal length). I am 1.85m in length and sleep on all the beds with no problems. I towered over complainant who is a relatively small person. I really can't understand why she did not sleep on the three quarter bed and I dismiss her outrageous story that the bed was too short. The Guesthouse was fully booked and are all the beds the same length, so it would not help to change rooms as she had one of the popular/nice rooms with a three quarter bed at her disposal.

Her friend admits that I did apologize (in her complaint), complainant was at the same table when I apologized, how could she SAY THAT I did not apologize? She even gave me an impression, when I apologized that she was not disturbed the night before. She had no complaints when I visited their table to apologize.

As stated all the other guests where very happy with our manageress, they are all renowned (professional) travellers as far as from, America and all over SA.

To drive from Cape Town is really unnecessary as the N7 is very dangerous in the winter with dense mist.

Why does complainant want to discredit us so badly...and she had nothing to do with the towel incident!

Been to Table Mountain Guesthouse? Share your experiences!