This has to be the best experience ever. First we counted the animals, easy to get close to as we were on horseback, then we helped to capture some. Some were re located, tagged, inoculated, saved from poachers or just treated. It was incredible, like being in a documentary. This was the annual game census.
The lodges were 5 star, food excellent, staff brilliant and attentive, horses were well schooled, fit and totally up to the job with long long canters across fantastic bush.
I cannot wait for my next trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ant's Nest & Ant's Hill are two private bush homes situated in the malaria-free Waterberg region of South Africa. Approximately 3 hours north of Johannesburg. These two bush homes are on a privately owned reserve and can offer guests game viewing activities which include game drives, game walks and fantastic horse riding. They can cater for all levels of riders and also accept kids of all ages. This is a wonderful destination for couples, honeymooners, families or just good friends travelling together. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with South African Hotels and Evoline ltd so you can book your Ant's Hill & Ant's Nest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ant`s Hill & Ant`s Nest Hotel Vaalwater
- Ant`s Hill And Ant`s Nest
- Ant's Hill & Ant's Nest South Africa/Waterberg