We stayed for 3 days with the family in the sable suite. You keep on being impressed in how many ways the staff will try to accomodate all your needs: the food is excellent, you choose when and what activities you desire. The horses live amongst the game so while riding you get very close to the game. We came within meters of girafs, rhino, zebras, gnu, sable antilope,...
The horses are very well kept and trained. When signing up for a lesson they fit the right horse for the right person. An injured antilope had to be caught and treated by the vet. The staff invited us to join and is was an unique experience.
Overall, an unforgettable experience and a must go!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ant's Nest & Ant's Hill are two private bush homes situated in the malaria-free Waterberg region of South Africa. Approximately 3 hours north of Johannesburg. These two bush homes are on a privately owned reserve and can offer guests game viewing activities which include game drives, game walks and fantastic horse riding. They can cater for all levels of riders and also accept kids of all ages. This is a wonderful destination for couples, honeymooners, families or just good friends travelling together. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with South African Hotels and Evoline ltd so you can book your Ant's Hill & Ant's Nest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ant`s Hill & Ant`s Nest Hotel Vaalwater
- Ant`s Hill And Ant`s Nest
- Ant's Hill & Ant's Nest South Africa/Waterberg