“Excellent hotel!”

The Z Hotel Zanzibar
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Nungwi
“Excellent hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay here! Very attentive and friendly staff! Nicest spot of Nungwi beach and beautifull large rooms. 2 very small remarks: 1/ the music! Always the sames compilation CD of the worst of 80's and 90's music 2/ daily use of detergents in the room making it smell like hospital. But that's just to say something negative for the rest it's perfect!

• Stayed August 2013
ZHotel, General Manager at The Z Hotel Zanzibar, responded to this review, 31 August 2013
It was really great to have very understanding guests as you - Thank you very much for such an amazing review, means a lot to everyone of us at The Z hotel.

We love to make sure all our guests are well taken care of and that they are enjoying their stay with us. In the event we feel otherwise we right away approach the guest and see what we can do to ensure their stay remains a memorable one and we take remedial actions promptly, if any required. Our guests remain the primary focus at all times of their stay.

Warm regards,

Mohammed Zaki

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

The Z hotel has a mixture of both relaxation and livelihood. You'd find lots to be done around the day and you can also relax on the beach or the by the pool and get a swim every now and then. It has a couple of restaurants and dive center which serve a variety of food giving you different options. In the early morning and before noon the water usually has lots of seaweed yet it's still swimmable however in the afternoon the water becomes clear and warm for a perfect swim. The staff were helpful and there's lots of shops and restaurants nearby for whoever wants to have a walk or a snack or even go buy some souvenirs and antiques. It's a bit far away from Stone Town though, yet very near to Mnemba Island if you're up to some snorkeling or diving.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your amazing review here.

It is really nice to see that you had a great time during your recent stay with us and that you enjoyed the beautiful ambiance and setting of the hotel.. As you have kindly pointed out, there is as much or as little as you want to do on a daily basis & thank you also for pointing out that our guests are not restricted to the hotel, there are plenty of other establishments they can visit that are within a safe & easy walking distance from the hotel.

I do hope that you have fond memories of your stay at Z hotel and if there is anything we can do on your next stay with us, do not hesitate to contact my team or myself.

Warm regards

Bristol, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

My daughter & I stayed at the Z after our safari. What a beautiful place, so quiet & peaceful. We were welcomed on arrival with cool cloths & a cocktail. The rooms are gorgeous with lovely bathrooms, robes,toiletries etc. The beds were really comfortable ....my daughter said it was the best bed she ever slept in! The bed rooms don't have wifi but there were plenty of places to log on around the hotel, including the reading room which was a lovely place to relax & keep cool with paperbacks to borrow.The food was fab......the breakfast was exceptional with a huge array of things to choose from.It was so lovely being right on the beach and we loved the infinity pool. The veggie pizza was perfect between us for lunch by the pool......a really thin & crispy base.
The staff were really friendly & helpful, especially as we had to change flights which was proving difficult to do myself.
My only regret is that we couldn't stay longer. Hopefully it won't be too long until we can return.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank KEA16
ZHotel, General Manager at The Z Hotel Zanzibar, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
My team and myself are delighted to receive your feedback.

Thank you for these wonderful remarks! With gratitude I will pass them on to the team. It will make them feel as proud as I am!

We’re so glad you had a cool, relaxing time with us; we equally loved having you here. Thank you for making the most of the hotel facilities & you are both most welcome back at any time.

St. Petersburg, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

It is a really great place! Lovely hotel, friendly staff. Meet cool cocktail :)
Room with a huge bed, all very stylish. Huge bathroom, excellent plumbing. Our room had a view of the ocean, great views. The hotel has its own beach where the rest just hotel guests. Entrance is closed to outsiders. Lovely breakfast, all fresh, great choice. Room does not have wi-fi. If necessary, wi-fi, you can use the library, which also has a desktop computer. Without a doubt we can recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Warm greetings from the Z hotel Zanzibar,

May I first take this opportunity to extend my sincere gratitude to you for selecting the Z hotel as your preferred hotel for your holiday in Zanzibar and I sincerely appreciate your honest and constructive feedback to our services during your stay with us.

Improving our Wi-Fi connection is a priority for us & there have been some vast improvements thus far but we continue to strive towards an excellent service.

Kabul
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

My brother and I visited several hotels around Zanzibar and Z Hotel was by far the nicest. The location was terrific. Unlike many of the other resourts, the beach at the Z did not disappear at high tide, and unlike the east side of the island, there were not strong winds. The hotel itself was fantastic. It was new, stylish, and had a fantastic pool. The staff were extremely friendly, and due to the small size of the hotel, you received personallized first class service. Z hotel is the only place I would stay in Zanzibar.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jordan S

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your amazing review here.

It is really nice to see that you had a great time during your recent stay with us and that you enjoyed the beautiful ambiance and setting of the hotel. Thank you again such a positive response spurs us on to even bigger & better heights.

Sandefjord, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

This is a hotel for couples or people how want to relax.I had a room in the second floor whit balcony.Nice in the morning and wake up to a white beach and the sound of the waves:)That was a good memory.
The staff was very nice ,clean room.
I was here dec 2010 not 2012.
It was perfect for me!

Room Tip: I think all the room is good.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Morgan A
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your amazing review here.

It is really nice to see that you had a great time during your recent stay with us and that you enjoyed the beautiful ambiance and setting of the hotel. It’s great to feel that we created a lasting memory.

I do hope that you have fond memories of your stay at the Z hotel and if there is anything we can do on your next stay with us, do not hesitate to contact my team or myself.

Warm regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

As a couple who travel frequently and seldom return to a place, it was a novelty for us to return to a hotel we had stayed in previously (as I had sworn my husband to a return visit before I would leave the first time!) - we were not disappointed. The hotel is just perfect - small but having all the amenities we required, in a fantastic location on a beautiful beach and in an area that is not yet overcrowded with large hotels. There are a number of restaurants nearby providing choice of where to eat out of an evening. The hotel rooms are lovely and the staff extremely helpful. I would not hesitate to return again or recommend to a friend.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bocarroll
Warm greetings from the Zhotel

My team and myself are delighted to receive your feedback.

It was an absolute pleasure to welcome back this wonderful couple. Needless to say, we love receiving repeat guests; it is like greeting old friends & regarding this lovely couple.

We all take this moment to express our heartfelt gratitude to you for choosing again the Zhotel Zanzibar as your hotel of choice for your holiday and we hope to see you soon again!

With warm regards,

Mohammed Zaki
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nungwi
DoubleTree by Hilton Resort Zanzibar - Nungwi
#3 of 167 in Zanzibar Island
Ras Nungwi Beach Hotel
Ras Nungwi Beach Hotel
#7 of 17 in Nungwi

Been to The Z Hotel Zanzibar? Share your experiences!