My husband and I stayed here for five nights following our safari in Kenya, and I was so glad we chose this hotel. The rooms are huge, we had two balconies - one with a day bed - and the bathroom was fabulous.
Being low season we were expecting a little rain, and boy when it did rain it was torrential, but the hotel staff went out of their way to ensure we still enjoyed our stay. Not all of the restaurants were open when we were there, but we hardly noticed. For most of our stay there were only around 30 guests, so the team made every evening special, moving dinner away from the large dining room and to other parts of the complex including the beach bar and the lounge area.
The food and beverage manager, Khalid, was an absolute star - he had only been there for two weeks and having read other reviews, I thnk he is making a huge difffernece to the quality of service and especially the food. My husband and I are very fussy eaters, but not once did we leave dinner hungry, in fact we both ate very well at every meal.
At breakfast there was a stunning selection, considering the number of guests, with english breakfast cooked to order and even a pancake and waffle station. I must mention here the young pastry chef who does make the most delicious cheese croissant. Lunch always offered as good a choice of cold and hot meals and at dinner we were spolit for choice. There was always a range of cuisines and a cooked to order option.
I celebrated my birthday on holiday and the staff deliverd a lovely cake to our table while dancing and singing through the dining room. They had even iced my name onto it.
The facilities were stunning with beautiful swimming pools and a jacuzzi, many of us simply swam in the rain. The beach bar and coco bar have amazing views and the staff were all fabulous, especially Rashid, who always knew what I was going to order from the bar.
Many people have mentioned the flies and I have to admit that I found them really annoying, but to be fair, there isn't a lot you can do about it, the staff did cover everything as best they could - the culprits here were the other guests who had no courtesy for others and left food uncovered after making their choices.
we did venture to Stone Town, Jozandi Forest, the turtle sanctuary and a spice plantation and thoruoghly enjoyed the island as well. I also enjoyed a coconut massage at the spa overlooking the sea - heaven.
All in all a fantastic resort with fantastic people, on one of the most beautiful islands in the world.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A spectacular view of the Indian Ocean from almost anywhere on the resort makes this all-inclusive property a wonderful choice for those guests looking for a peaceful and relaxing vacation. Fantastic swimming pools, a beautiful beach with clear, turquoise waters and amazing sunsets all add to the ambiance! The rooms are large, approximately 80 square metres for Superior Rooms and 100 square metres for Suites. A spacious bathroom with a large bathtub, separate shower and double sinks provide luxurious comfort. All rooms include a quiet split-unit air conditioner, TV, fridge, coffee and tea making facilities, a safe and a terrace from which to enjoy the view. The warm, friendly staff invite you to enjoy meals in the buffet restaurant with a varied selection of local and international dishes or a traditional pizza oven near the beach offers a quick snack while you relax by the pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Travelbag, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Zanzibar Beach Hotel Nungwi
- Seaclub Royal Zanzibar Beach Hotel
- Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort Zanzibar Island/Nungwi