The Resort looks like paradise! The best place to relax after a safari on the mainland.
We were there just before the season started (last week of july), so it was very quite (we really liked that).
The rooms are beautyfull! Very clean, a kingsized bed (only a bit to hard), big closet with a free safe and very big bathroom with a double bath!!! The rooms also have a terrace and we looked out at the swimming pools and the ocean.
In the mornings and the afternoons we stayed at the beach. The sunbeds are good and you can get free towels. Its great to go out snorkeling in the morning. You can see lobster, squid, pufferfish, starfish and all kind of other colourfull fishes. Watch out for sea-urchins and jellyfish!
We also went out diving. At the beach of the hotel it's pretty expensive, but wenn you ask Marco Polo (captain of the Tata - he always hangs around at the beach in front of the hotel) then he will bring you to another PADI divecentre, were it's much cheaper.
I can also recommend to take a massage at the hotel by Winnie. You will feel reborn!
Every day around 5 o' clock in the afternoon we "hang around" in the swinging chair at the Coco bar. We always enjoyed the sunset. We've also seen dolphins coming by during the sunset, nearby the coast. Fantastic! The bartender at the Coco bar is Mbarack. It's a very friendly guy and a good bartender. He makes delicious Mojito's! He remembers you and likes to make a chat with you. We can recommend to order a pizza and a hamburger at the Coco bar.
The buffet in the main restaurant is good: all kinds of pasta's á la minute, eggs (just the way you want it), rice, fresh fruits, all kinds of bread, and much, much more!
We're from Holland and one of the executives chefs is Dutch (Alex). At the beach we saw that you can have a lobster dinner. He arranged that for us. It was the most romantic dinner we've ever had and will have! They made a bed of cushions at the beach with a low table in front of it. We were there all alone at the beach, with a beautifully started sky! Haji (waiter from the Coco bar) served the food and the wine. He did a excellent job! Christopher (chef de parti) prepared the dinner for us. It all was very tasty (the starter, the soup, the lobster, the dessert). I still get water in my mouth just by thinking of it. We've never seen such a big lobster! We've had lobster before, but never so good as Christopher prepared for us. It was so amazing delicious! Thanks to Christopher, Haji and Alex we've had a unforgatable dinner and evening!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A spectacular view of the Indian Ocean from almost anywhere on the resort makes this all-inclusive property a wonderful choice for those guests looking for a peaceful and relaxing vacation. Fantastic swimming pools, a beautiful beach with clear, turquoise waters and amazing sunsets all add to the ambiance! The rooms are large, approximately 80 square metres for Superior Rooms and 100 square metres for Suites. A spacious bathroom with a large bathtub, separate shower and double sinks provide luxurious comfort. All rooms include a quiet split-unit air conditioner, TV, fridge, coffee and tea making facilities, a safe and a terrace from which to enjoy the view. The warm, friendly staff invite you to enjoy meals in the buffet restaurant with a varied selection of local and international dishes or a traditional pizza oven near the beach offers a quick snack while you relax by the pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, Jovago.com, Agoda, Travelbag, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Zanzibar Beach Hotel Nungwi
- Seaclub Royal Zanzibar Beach Hotel
- Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort Zanzibar Island/Nungwi