After a much needed break, we headed to the Royal Zanzibar on "week special" as advertised for a get away - much to say we were not disappointed. It is at the northern most tip of the island, an hour's drive from the airport and truly is the most beautiful and peaceful part of the island.
I must commend the resort on their amazing grounds - the garden was beautifully manicured and the room complex spaced out following the contours of the garden onto the beach area. Each room was spacious, clean and tasteful decorated with flowers every night - what a treat! The beach area itself was not crowded, provided safe swimming and some fun off shore snorkelling and diving. One can easily take a stroll starting from Royal's beach at low tide around the eastern side where other resorts/restaurants and dive centers are - very convenient and relaxing.
With 4 pools and various bars, the resort itself has a fun buzz, but, despite being fully booked, we never felt over crowded or that the entertainment areas were too busy. We were on a full board package and wow, the variety of food and drink never ceased to amaze. I must admit, from having traveled to Mauritius and Seychelles previously, the value for money, peace, beauty and overall tranquility of the Royal was beyond expectation, I will be back here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A spectacular view of the Indian Ocean from almost anywhere on the resort makes this all-inclusive property a wonderful choice for those guests looking for a peaceful and relaxing vacation. Fantastic swimming pools, a beautiful beach with clear, turquoise waters and amazing sunsets all add to the ambiance! The rooms are large, approximately 80 square metres for Superior Rooms and 100 square metres for Suites. A spacious bathroom with a large bathtub, separate shower and double sinks provide luxurious comfort. All rooms include a quiet split-unit air conditioner, TV, fridge, coffee and tea making facilities, a safe and a terrace from which to enjoy the view. The warm, friendly staff invite you to enjoy meals in the buffet restaurant with a varied selection of local and international dishes or a traditional pizza oven near the beach offers a quick snack while you relax by the pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelbag, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Zanzibar Beach Hotel Nungwi
- Seaclub Royal Zanzibar Beach Hotel
- Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort Zanzibar Island/Nungwi