We really enjoyed our 3 night stay here and kept referring to the place as paradise. The rooms were big enough, the pool and beach facilities were excellent and the beach out front was close and swimmable all day. The food was not bad and we enjoyed the African theme dinner and entertainment night on the Saturday night. The clove soap in the bathroom on the first night was also amazing!
What I didn't like was that throughout the stay many continued to automatically assume we were Italian even though we had contimually politely said "no Italiano". I can appreciate not every staff member can remember every guest and where they are from but the resort wasn't full and we were the only english speaking guests there. It's not like we felt unwelcome but it did make it seem like the whole service within the resort was geared only for Italians.
I would also like to have seen some more organised tour options - eg: Dhow sunset cruises, safari blue tours - from the resort itself rather than having to contend with the touts on the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A spectacular view of the Indian Ocean from almost anywhere on the resort makes this all-inclusive property a wonderful choice for those guests looking for a peaceful and relaxing vacation. Fantastic swimming pools, a beautiful beach with clear, turquoise waters and amazing sunsets all add to the ambiance! The rooms are large, approximately 80 square metres for Superior Rooms and 100 square metres for Suites. A spacious bathroom with a large bathtub, separate shower and double sinks provide luxurious comfort. All rooms include a quiet split-unit air conditioner, TV, fridge, coffee and tea making facilities, a safe and a terrace from which to enjoy the view. The warm, friendly staff invite you to enjoy meals in the buffet restaurant with a varied selection of local and international dishes or a traditional pizza oven near the beach offers a quick snack while you relax by the pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelbag, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Agoda, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Zanzibar Beach Hotel Nungwi
- Seaclub Royal Zanzibar Beach Hotel
- Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort Zanzibar Island/Nungwi