I searched extensively before choosing this resort- for what it's worth here are my positives and negatives.
Positive- the pools....WOW amazing!! Incredible sunsets, lovely beach! The staff couldn't be more friendly and will always try to assist you. Bernard at the pool was extra awesome.
Negative- expect 3-4* and you won't be disappointed. Housekeeping isn't up to scratch, had to constantly request supplies. Our shower NEVER worked properly.... Either freezing cold or we got burnt, nothing In between, reported it 3 times including to management and then gave up. Food isn't bad but certainly not anything spectacular.
Be warned, any trip you want to do is quite a trip/drive.... Either by boat or car.... Nothing is close. This isn't a major issue and certainly isn't resort specific but be aware that excursions are a long day.
We travelled with kids aged 11 & 8.... Yes they enjoyed the holiday but honestly I wouldn't recommend traveling to zanzibar with kids younger than that. Once you leave the resort area this is real Africa.... About 90% of travelers we spoke to had diahorrea and/or vomiting at some point during their holiday.... I must emphasize this was across ALL resorts. All 4 members of our family were ill at some point. And yes we only drank bottled water..... Take an extensive first aid kit.... The resort couldn't supply headache tablets when we asked if they had some.
Would I stay here again...? YES the pools alone would bring me back! Is zanzibar a good holiday? YES but go prepared.... It's Africa.... :-)))
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A spectacular view of the Indian Ocean from almost anywhere on the resort makes this all-inclusive property a wonderful choice for those guests looking for a peaceful and relaxing vacation. Fantastic swimming pools, a beautiful beach with clear, turquoise waters and amazing sunsets all add to the ambiance! The rooms are large, approximately 80 square metres for Superior Rooms and 100 square metres for Suites. A spacious bathroom with a large bathtub, separate shower and double sinks provide luxurious comfort. All rooms include a quiet split-unit air conditioner, TV, fridge, coffee and tea making facilities, a safe and a terrace from which to enjoy the view. The warm, friendly staff invite you to enjoy meals in the buffet restaurant with a varied selection of local and international dishes or a traditional pizza oven near the beach offers a quick snack while you relax by the pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Zanzibar Beach Hotel Nungwi
- Seaclub Royal Zanzibar Beach Hotel
- Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort Zanzibar Island/Nungwi