I had high expectations after reading all the raving reviews hence my disappointment. The arrival which to me portray the image and capability of a place was unprofessional. We were expected to sit in the lounge area like school kids to fill out a register. Our register were missing until I discovered that our booking at the hotel was done in the name of the travel agent. The setting is picturesque. The accommodation was huge and clean. Every day you will be surprised by housekeeping and their towel art. I do however have a problem with the lumpy pillows, bath towels that have past their due by date, and the fact that blankets instead of duvets are used. The staff is very friendly and eager to please, but they do need some ongoing training to master the finer points. Often they would take an order for the bar only to forget about it. I think the biggest disappointment for us was the food. The food was bland, very little variation and the different stations were not properly manned. They would offer desert without spoons, smoothies without straws, I had to religiously ask for the cheese to be sliced. The croissants were stodgy. The fruit was not sliced properly. Often you would find a plate of paw paw mousse instead of slices of fruit. Meat was tough. The "snacks" were repetitive. Mini pizzas, pocorn and peanuts every day. Having experienced the best all inclusive offer in Mauritius this was not in the same league. The nights on the beach were lovely, yet not all the food was of the same standard. Pity that we could not experience the Samaki restaurant which was under construction. The best part of this resort is the amazing swimming pools and the beach area. The beach boys are a nuisance but the beaches are public areas so not much the hotel can do about it. If you go there expect to find 3* by international standards and you will not be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A spectacular view of the Indian Ocean from almost anywhere on the resort makes this all-inclusive property a wonderful choice for those guests looking for a peaceful and relaxing vacation. Fantastic swimming pools, a beautiful beach with clear, turquoise waters and amazing sunsets all add to the ambiance! The rooms are large, approximately 80 square metres for Superior Rooms and 100 square metres for Suites. A spacious bathroom with a large bathtub, separate shower and double sinks provide luxurious comfort. All rooms include a quiet split-unit air conditioner, TV, fridge, coffee and tea making facilities, a safe and a terrace from which to enjoy the view. The warm, friendly staff invite you to enjoy meals in the buffet restaurant with a varied selection of local and international dishes or a traditional pizza oven near the beach offers a quick snack while you relax by the pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelbag, Agoda, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Zanzibar Beach Hotel Nungwi
- Seaclub Royal Zanzibar Beach Hotel
- Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort Zanzibar Island/Nungwi