We spent 4 nights in June 2014 at Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort and we really enjoyed our stay.
It took a bit over one hour from the airport to reach the hotel. We used a taxi which I highly recommend. Cost was 60 USD. Police had many road blocks along to way, so make sure your driver has his paper work in order.
The hotel had amazing service, positive atmosphere, nice pools, clean / comfortable rooms, beautiful surroundings, nice beach, excellent bars, interesting activities & dinner on the beach. This place is suitable for couples and families.
If you feel like doing also something else than getting hammered and burning your skin, please try diving. The all inclusive packet even has an introduction to diving, i.e. trying the equipment in the pool. If one wants to take this experience further, you can do it smoothly with PADI professional in the ocean – cost 110 USD.
Things that we were not that excited about were; blackouts & sewage smell along some of the walkways.
Anyways, overall experience was extremely positive and I would recommend this place for everyone.
Make sure you have an extra 50 USD / person when you a planning the fly away from the island, there is a ridiculous departure tax to be paid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A spectacular view of the Indian Ocean from almost anywhere on the resort makes this all-inclusive property a wonderful choice for those guests looking for a peaceful and relaxing vacation. Fantastic swimming pools, a beautiful beach with clear, turquoise waters and amazing sunsets all add to the ambiance! The rooms are large, approximately 80 square metres for Superior Rooms and 100 square metres for Suites. A spacious bathroom with a large bathtub, separate shower and double sinks provide luxurious comfort. All rooms include a quiet split-unit air conditioner, TV, fridge, coffee and tea making facilities, a safe and a terrace from which to enjoy the view. The warm, friendly staff invite you to enjoy meals in the buffet restaurant with a varied selection of local and international dishes or a traditional pizza oven near the beach offers a quick snack while you relax by the pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelbag, Expedia, Southall Travel, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Zanzibar Beach Hotel Nungwi
- Seaclub Royal Zanzibar Beach Hotel
- Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort Zanzibar Island/Nungwi