Wonderful staff, Masoud, Margreth, Jamu, Robert, Bernard, Omari, Tanda, John, chef Christopher, Victoria, Faustine and all the others whose names I can't remember. All the staff members were extremely friendly, happy and helpful which made the whole week that we were there a wonderful experience. Rooms were large, clean and comfortable and had plenty of packing space specially since we had taken diving equipment as well. We never had an opportunity to turn the TV on since there was so much to do. Bathroom was huge. Hotel also has a generator for when there are power failures and if there is a power failure during the pre-dinner drinks then the bar staff sing until the generator starts.
The Royal Zanzibar has a desk at the beach bar for East Africa diving who provided us with wonderful service regarding our diving. We had some great dives and they picked up our equipment and dropped it back at the hotel again.
We had our own fins, masks and snorkels so we went snorkelling off the beach at the hotel every day where we saw some awesome stuff including reef fish, lionfish and eels. A rash vest is recommended though if there are jelly fish. They are not poisonous but do sting a little. I would recommend taking your own snorkelling equipment if you have it.
The grounds and the pools are huge so you never felt that the hotel was full.
The food was great, lots of variety, most days there was a pizza, pasta and curry station as well as other fish, meat etc. The hotel dinner evening on the beach with the band was fantastic. The logistics of the evening were amazing. We also went for the additional paid for lobster dinner on the beach (not part of the all inclusive). It was well worth the money. The lobster was huge (1kg) and the personal service was exceptional.
Regarding the drinks - the beer and cocktails were great especially the Dawa (made with Konyagi rather than vodka). The wine varied - some batches were ok and others not so great but it didn't bother us.
Thank you to everyone at the Royal Zanzibar. We had a wonderful time. Hope to come back soon with the family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A spectacular view of the Indian Ocean from almost anywhere on the resort makes this all-inclusive property a wonderful choice for those guests looking for a peaceful and relaxing vacation. Fantastic swimming pools, a beautiful beach with clear, turquoise waters and amazing sunsets all add to the ambiance! The rooms are large, approximately 80 square metres for Superior Rooms and 100 square metres for Suites. A spacious bathroom with a large bathtub, separate shower and double sinks provide luxurious comfort. All rooms include a quiet split-unit air conditioner, TV, fridge, coffee and tea making facilities, a safe and a terrace from which to enjoy the view. The warm, friendly staff invite you to enjoy meals in the buffet restaurant with a varied selection of local and international dishes or a traditional pizza oven near the beach offers a quick snack while you relax by the pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Holiday Gems, Odigeo, Jovago.com, Agoda, Travelbag, Ebookers, Priceline, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HRS and getaroom.com so you can book your Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Zanzibar Beach Hotel Nungwi
- Seaclub Royal Zanzibar Beach Hotel
- Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort Zanzibar Island/Nungwi