My husband and I were booked into the Royal as part of a safari package. I must admit, we had never been to a all-inclusive resort and did not know if we would enjoy it. While I learned that resort livening is probably not for me, a few things might have improved my stay. All meals were a buffet as the a la carte restaurant was under renovation. The beach was hard to use as you were consistently harassed by "island boys" trying to sell you something. One night they let the Island boys onto the grounds to sell their wears, which would have been ok, even fun, if they were not set up like a gauntlet to be run before entering the dining room for dinner. Very uncomfortable. If you want to do any sightseeing in Zanzibar, most of the attractions are an hour or more to the south, so there are added charges to all the tours available. We asked the hotel to get us on a tour to the butterfly preserve and colobus monkey colony and they got us a taxi. $120 and we didn't have a guide giving us any information. Clearly he was a friend of the staff on that day. The masseuses were awful. Food was "meh". Room was great, big, comfortable with lots of outlets to charge electronics. Enjoyed the plantings, lizards and ravens that roamed the place. Pools were wonderful and usually empty. If you shop in the gift shop, bring your own materials to wrap things in, as the staff were careless and stingy. Almost everything we purchased was broken by the time we got home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A spectacular view of the Indian Ocean from almost anywhere on the resort makes this all-inclusive property a wonderful choice for those guests looking for a peaceful and relaxing vacation. Fantastic swimming pools, a beautiful beach with clear, turquoise waters and amazing sunsets all add to the ambiance! The rooms are large, approximately 80 square metres for Superior Rooms and 100 square metres for Suites. A spacious bathroom with a large bathtub, separate shower and double sinks provide luxurious comfort. All rooms include a quiet split-unit air conditioner, TV, fridge, coffee and tea making facilities, a safe and a terrace from which to enjoy the view. The warm, friendly staff invite you to enjoy meals in the buffet restaurant with a varied selection of local and international dishes or a traditional pizza oven near the beach offers a quick snack while you relax by the pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelbag, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Zanzibar Beach Hotel Nungwi
- Seaclub Royal Zanzibar Beach Hotel
- Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort Zanzibar Island/Nungwi