1,696 results
All reviews samaki restaurant coco bar spices restaurant captain marco huge bath italian chef main restaurant pool bar local spirits masai guards stone town buffet style our honeymoon water aerobics hakuna matata lounge area all inclusive package
Reviewed 1 November 2016 via mobile

Crew is very friendly, food is good and the resort is just beautiful! Had a great time.
Recommend to take full board or all inclusive because thats what most of the people here took, so it's very convenient.
Cocktails are very good, also lots of pools (3) !

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GM-RZBR, General Manager at Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2016

Dear Gal,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your terrific review of Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort!

We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us so much... although I am sorry that you only found three of our four adult pools! (we have a fifth pool just for the little waders too). I'll thank the bar team for ensuring your enjoyed the cocktails and I always love thanking the whole team for the friendliness that has become such a trademark for us.

Thank you once again for choosing Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort for your stay in Zanzibar. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 24 October 2016

I came all the way from Israel with my girls to Zanzibar to celebrate a bachelorette party. Just got back home two days ago and I'm ready to come back again! The hotel is beautiful! No word can describe how clean and flawless the hotel is.
We had such a great experience but not only because the hotel is awesome also because of the staff. I really had a special connection with the staff its felt like we are one big happy family.
Ali from the animation team – he was so nice, always friendly and makes us smile, did some sports activities as aqua gym, water polo, beach volley (I m a pro volleyball player and It was great!!) and he is a great dancer too  . Thank you Ali for making this vacation so great to us and for me personally. Also Juma and Erick were so nice to us!!!!.
Kapi and Margareth the hosts, Simba the waiter from the restaurant always welcoming and smiling friendly and happy, Pitt the Italian chef was making the best pasta but also super nice and kind please say hello from me!.
Haji, Juma, Hammadi, Rukia from reception so welcoming, answering all the questions very polite , Emmanuel from the beach bar so friendly and I can do this all day long :)
One day I came to the manager office – Kim, to tell her how great the hotel is but most important that the staff was so great to us – she was so welcoming and nice, I honestly wanted to hug her for making this experience so great.
On the last day when i checked out I was crying tears, I couldn’t bare the fact that I'm leaving my new home family and friends. One of the staff came to me and said: "bibi don’t cry, everyone here love you, don’t be sad" but I couldn’t stop. Now these tears changed to a big smile! I'm so thankful for this vacation in royal Zanzibar resort the best hotel I have ever been to and I really hope to meet you all again soon.
Would love to stay in touch
sapir_bibi@walla.com

best regards
Bibi Sapir

1  Thank sapir b
GM-RZBR, General Manager at Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2016

Dear Ms Bibi,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your outstanding review of Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort. Now I want to give YOU a hug!

What a thrill to hear how much you enjoyed your stay, both in person and now in writing. I'm so glad that you stopped at my office to tell me how special your experience was. I'm very proud of the resort and our team but some would say I'm biased... hearing directly from a group like yours is amazing.

I will be sure to share your whole review with our staff, I know that they'll be as pleased as I am and those that have been named will be delighted to be so positively remembered.

I sincerely hope that we will be able to welcome you and your groom for your upcoming honeymoon, in the meantime we send you our very best wishes for a joyful wedding filled with love and laughter, friends and family.

Thank you once again for choosing Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort for your Bachelorette Party. We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 21 October 2016

One week in October AI. Hotel big, rooms spacious, whole resort clean and tidy. Staff very welcoming and hard working. Everyone regardless of job polite and conscientious. Food good with a wide range to suit multinational clientele. Swimming pools huge with many sunloungers. Everyone appears to be enjoying relaxed atmosphere. No hestitation in recommending. Most guests German and Italian but staff all speak English. Special mention to Anna, David and Ibrahim at bar. Serengeti beer not bad, just need to continue to practise drinking to get the hang of the taste.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank FionaandGordonB
GM-RZBR, General Manager at Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2016

Dear Fiona and Gordon,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your wonderful review of Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort!

What a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much. I'm extremely proud of our kind staff and it's nice to be able to share comments like this with all of them. I will be sure to thank Ann, David and Ibrahim in particular.

Thank you once again for choosing Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort for your vacation. We look forward to welcoming you back to continue practising with Serengeti beer. I'm also happy to tell you that we now carry three more local beers for you to test!

Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

This really is a beautiful resort. The grounds are immaculate and the layout and design of resort is superb. The pools are lovely and the beach is stunning. My favourite facility was the beach bar!

Service is impeccable especially in the restaurant (Spices), at the bar outside Spices and at the beach bar. The variety of food provided blew our minds - the food was OK though nothing special.

The room we stayed in was terrible. Nothing luxurious about it. Very tired, bland and with old fittings and furnishings. Room was too big and very sparsely decorated with a strange layout.The mosquito nets over the beds had holes and stains in them. The shower also felt dirty and grimey...not a place you wanted to spend too much time. Really old shower head as well.

Also the night we arrived our kettle didn't work. When we phoned reception they said nothing could be done til later in the morning (we arrived at 2am). I didn't understand this as all we needed was someone to bring a new kettle.

On our second night our air conditioning didn't work. This took several calls to reception to sort out which really upset me.

If the rooms were better I would rate the resort as a 5 star but without the necessary upgrades it gets 3 stars at best.

The hotel did arrange a special birthday cake for my mom which she loved. The restaurant staff came out with it during dinner, singing and dancing. It was a really wonderful celebration.

Special mention to Haji in the Spices restaurant who went above and beyond in attending to a problem i had. He showed tremendous innovativeness and problem solving spirit. Really appreciated everything he did to assist. I was beyond happy with the end result. Thank you Haji!

Also thanks to Juma in reception who was very friendly and always willing to assist. He gave us lots of information about the resort and helped us sort our WiFi.

Really loved lying on the raised beach area of the hotel in front of the beach bar where you are completely protected from beach boys. They were really no hassle at all from this spot.

Another highlight was seeing the Masai guards all around. Was a wonderful bit of culture added to the resort and very interesting to meet them.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank laurenmiddler
GM-RZBR, General Manager at Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2016

Dear Ms Middler,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort.

We very much appreciate your fairness in talking about all of the things you enjoyed so much and rated so highly as well as about your disappointment with the room you were assigned.

We will take a look at the room you stayed in to check on the layout. Our rooms are very large, but I'm not sure what may be different about the layout in that rooms that made it feel awkward. I'm very sorry that the nets and shower heads were not of a good standard, we are in the process at the moment of changing both the mosquito nets and the shower heads in all rooms. I trust that that will make an improvement for upcoming guests although I'm sorry it wasn't done before you came.

I deleted my initial response to add in this paragraph, I apologise again for missing what was one of the worst parts of your post for me. There is no excuse for items not to be working, or not to be immediately fixed or replaced when a guest brings them to our attention. We have addressed this with the managers involved and are doing training in each area to remind our teams of the importance of immediate resolution or strong communication with the guests when we have a problem we are unable to fix. There should always be something else we can do to help and we need to find those other avenues quickly.

I was delighted to hear that Haji went "above and beyond" to assist you and will be sure to thank Haji and Juma for taking good care of you and your mother.

We thank you again for choosing Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort for your vacation and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 16 October 2016

The resort is beautiful and fun.
The room is really nice (but the mattress can be more comfortable...).
The staff is really amazing, trying to help and always with a smile (Miraj is the best!!!).
The food is very diverse and nice.
We really recommend the place

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank omerkey
GM-RZBR, General Manager at Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2016

We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and agree with you that our staff is amazing... but it sounds better coming from you! I will thank Miraj for making such a special impression. We will also share your compliments with the kitchen. I know they like hearing that guests have enjoyed the food.

Thank you once again for choosing Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort for your stay in Nungwi. I hope that you will have the opportunity to return to east Africa one day and we look forward to welcoming you back.