1,738 results
All reviews samaki restaurant coco bar spices restaurant captain marco huge bath italian chef main restaurant aqua gym pool bar local spirits masai guards stone town buffet style our honeymoon water aerobics hakuna matata all inclusive package
Reviewed 8 December 2016

We enjoyed this resort very much. Can't beat the views and the beach. The staff are friendly and genuinely cheerful. The various (fully included) restaurants are great and they have an Italian chef that makes the best pasta. They also have an in-resort PADI certified dive centre that is very convenient for booking boats, fishing, scuba dives, snorkeling, etc.

Room tip: Roomes closer to the beach have the most spectacular views
Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
GM-RZBR, General Manager at Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2016

Dear Brynell,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your terrific review of Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort!

We're delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated the lovely comment about the genuine friendliness of our staff. We think they're very special but it's a much nicer compliment coming from a guest than it is from me. We are also glad you liked the Italian Chef, I'll be sure to tell him about your kind remark regarding the "best pasta".

Thank you once again for choosing Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort for your time in Nungwi. We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 24 November 2016 via mobile

We arrived early hours of this morning-taken to our room i31-then early hours this morning sounded like a jack hammer going off! The next 3 rooms next to us where being totally renovated! Complained to reception and moved us to g31! Not impressed if you want a decent hotel then dont consider here! Would rather have gone to diamonds! However the staff are wonderful!

Buffet in the beach tonight was rubbish-food lukewarm and left there for ages-going to bed hungry and dissapointed!

After our first day here been left very dissapointed! Hopefully cant getmuch worse!

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank annemarie r
GM-RZBR, General Manager at Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2016

Dear Annamarie,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor.

I also appreciate that you took time to speak with me during your stay and am sorry that we were unable to make your vacation better. We work hard to ensure that our guests can relax and enjoy their vacations and it is personally and professionally disappointing when we fail to do so.

There is no excuse for the noise you encountered, nor for the response you received from the team at Reception. We have work that is being done, but the team is only supposed to do it in buildings that are empty. I have spoken with both groups to try to ensure that this doesn't happen to anyone else but I'm very sorry that you were disturbed in such an unpleasant fashion.

I'm also sorry that you didn't enjoy the food. Most of our guests are happy that the food is very fresh and that there is a wide variety but at the moment it is not the type of "foodie" menu that some people enjoy. We're working to change it to reflect a more modern food experience but again, I am sorry that it put such a damper on your vacation.

Should you be travelling this way again, I hope that you will contact me directly. We would very much appreciate the opportunity to welcome you for what I assure you will be a much better experience.

Reviewed 4 November 2016

Me and my friend stayed at this hotel from 19th until 28th of October in room F14. The hotel is very nice, the room is very big, the bathroom is huge, you find all the amenities you need. Even though the furniture is a little outdated, the room is clean and well maintained. The staff is extremely polite and helpful, providing all the information and everything you need. The resort itself is very clean and well maintained. The all inclusive package is very good, you have access to the bars from 7AM until 23PM and for the restaurants the hours were different, so in case you get hungry at any time, you have an option to eat. The swimming pools are nice and clean, the beach is great and people outside the resort don't have access to it. Every day they have different activities at different hours and during the evening they have different entertainments. I think the staff deserves a big plus for all their effort and hospitality. I really recommend this hotel for your perfect vacation in Zanzibar!

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
GM-RZBR, General Manager at Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2016

Dear Globetrotter,

Thank you so much for your excellent review of Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort.

It's a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much and we appreciate your very kind recommendation as well. We particularly enjoy sharing these reviews with our staff, we'll be happy to let them know what a difference their kind, hospitable ways mean to our guests.

Thank you once again for choosing Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort for your stay in Nungwi, we look forward to welcoming you back should your travels bring you to Zanzibar again.

Reviewed 1 November 2016 via mobile

Crew is very friendly, food is good and the resort is just beautiful! Had a great time.
Recommend to take full board or all inclusive because thats what most of the people here took, so it's very convenient.
Cocktails are very good, also lots of pools (3) !

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GM-RZBR, General Manager at Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2016

Dear Gal,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your terrific review of Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort!

We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us so much... although I am sorry that you only found three of our four adult pools! (we have a fifth pool just for the little waders too). I'll thank the bar team for ensuring your enjoyed the cocktails and I always love thanking the whole team for the friendliness that has become such a trademark for us.

Thank you once again for choosing Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort for your stay in Zanzibar. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 24 October 2016

I came all the way from Israel with my girls to Zanzibar to celebrate a bachelorette party. Just got back home two days ago and I'm ready to come back again! The hotel is beautiful! No word can describe how clean and flawless the hotel is.
We had such a great experience but not only because the hotel is awesome also because of the staff. I really had a special connection with the staff its felt like we are one big happy family.
Ali from the animation team – he was so nice, always friendly and makes us smile, did some sports activities as aqua gym, water polo, beach volley (I m a pro volleyball player and It was great!!) and he is a great dancer too  . Thank you Ali for making this vacation so great to us and for me personally. Also Juma and Erick were so nice to us!!!!.
Kapi and Margareth the hosts, Simba the waiter from the restaurant always welcoming and smiling friendly and happy, Pitt the Italian chef was making the best pasta but also super nice and kind please say hello from me!.
Haji, Juma, Hammadi, Rukia from reception so welcoming, answering all the questions very polite , Emmanuel from the beach bar so friendly and I can do this all day long :)
One day I came to the manager office – Kim, to tell her how great the hotel is but most important that the staff was so great to us – she was so welcoming and nice, I honestly wanted to hug her for making this experience so great.
On the last day when i checked out I was crying tears, I couldn’t bare the fact that I'm leaving my new home family and friends. One of the staff came to me and said: "bibi don’t cry, everyone here love you, don’t be sad" but I couldn’t stop. Now these tears changed to a big smile! I'm so thankful for this vacation in royal Zanzibar resort the best hotel I have ever been to and I really hope to meet you all again soon.
Would love to stay in touch
sapir_bibi@walla.com

best regards
Bibi Sapir

Date of stay: October 2016
1  Thank sapir b
GM-RZBR, General Manager at Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2016

Dear Ms Bibi,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your outstanding review of Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort. Now I want to give YOU a hug!

What a thrill to hear how much you enjoyed your stay, both in person and now in writing. I'm so glad that you stopped at my office to tell me how special your experience was. I'm very proud of the resort and our team but some would say I'm biased... hearing directly from a group like yours is amazing.

I will be sure to share your whole review with our staff, I know that they'll be as pleased as I am and those that have been named will be delighted to be so positively remembered.

I sincerely hope that we will be able to welcome you and your groom for your upcoming honeymoon, in the meantime we send you our very best wishes for a joyful wedding filled with love and laughter, friends and family.

Thank you once again for choosing Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort for your Bachelorette Party. We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.