It was a real joy and a privilege, from the very first moment to last, to luxuriate in a five-night stay at the Zanzibari. Our stay there in September 2012 had formed part of a longer inland and coastal safari trip to Tanzania, all organised by the super-efficient Tent with a View company (check them out). So, following our fun-filled four-wheel and waterborne exploits on the mainland, we had treated ourselves to a few nights R&R at this oasis of tranquility in Nungwi, Zanzibar. Paradise lost?. I think not...for you'll find it right here. The hotel (and the term barely does it justice) is situated in expansive and exquisitely maintained surroundings with steps leading down to a long stretch of brochure beach to die for. Amidst the nooks and crannies, you'll find hammocks and loungers aplenty - whether in sunshine or in shade. Absolutely no need therefore for the dawn draping of towels for - here's the thing - the Zanzibari comprises only eight rooms and four private suites which give a real and genuine sense of space and relaxation. It is managed and run with great care and attention to detail by Paul and Mrisho to whom nothing was the slightest trouble. The whole place manages to sidestep any stiffness or formality and has a great feel to it - akin perhaps to a house party, as the small number of guests get to know each other and share their stories of the day - including with the staff, who seem uniformly hand-picked for friendliness and efficiency.~ Room service is organised, seemingly invisibly, by Rose and her team. The bedrooms are spacious, spotless, very very well appointed and afford simply glorious views of the Indian Ocean. ~ The cuisine was a revelation. Dinner comprised ever-changing five-course delights and were all prepared to a standard rivaling, I'd bet, your own favourite restaurant. And, finally, a great place from which to take in, for those so inclined, an unmissable snorkelling or diving day at sea. There's a song which says: "There's no sadness in leaving if you leave for a reason....and the best of all reasons is to come back again". We'd love to think so. Thank you so very much to all concerned. - Bob & Maggie Wood - Surrey - UK.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Zanzibari is located in Nungwi on the northeastern tip of Zanzibar. Set above the beach on a low coral cliff with easy access to the sea you are offered privacy, peace and tranquility while taking in the stunning views of the Indian Ocean. The hotel has many high quality facilities, including our infinity pool, spa and famous Dhow Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Jovago.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Zanzibari reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Zanzibari Hotel Nungwi
- The Zanzibari Zanzibar Island/Nungwi