We stayed here for some rest and relaxation after climbing Kilimanjaro and we had 6 nights here. We were given a lovely room and it was low season so there weren't many people around. The facilities here were really good and you have access to a private section of the beach.
The hotel was manned by 2 security guards at all times along the beach and another 2 at the gate. Nungwi is a lovely part of the island and there are lots of water activities to do. We dived for a day and went parasailing, all within walking distance of the hotel. There are also quite a few food options close by - just walk along the beach, and the food at the hotel is also quite good and reasonably priced.
The hotel is about 90 mins from the airport and stone town and it cost $50 for transfer to the hotel. We spent half a day in Stone town and this was enough for us.
A lovely hotel if you want to sit around to relax and do nothing! (and the pool bar is great too!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unwind at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Zanzibar-Nungwi, set on the most northern tip of Zanzibar in Tanzania. Feel valued and cared for on arrival with a freshly baked DoubleTree chocolate chip cookie. Relax in a spacious guest room with a private balcony and ocean panoramas or upgrade to a two-room suite and feel pampered with a 30-minute house massage, fully stocked mini bar, and daily fruit basket.Boasting a traditional Zanzibar style with Makuti palm leaf roofs, this Nungwi hotel offers spectacular sea views and direct beach access. Relax on pristine, white sand with sun beds and parasols and explore the tropical waters while scuba diving or snorkeling. Plunge into the outdoor, freshwater pool or sip on cocktails and fresh fruit juices from Dolphin’s pool bar. Continue your exercise routine in the modern fitness center or enjoy morning yoga on the beach.Savor innovative international and fusion specialties at Fisherman Bar & Grill before admiring the Zanzibar sunset and trying authentic Shisha aromatic tobacco. Enjoy traditional, live entertainment at Ngalawa Restaurant and savor delicious local cuisine next to the beach.Celebrate your dream wedding with stunning, exotic backdrops, host your special event on the beach, or choose from three flexible function rooms for your next corporate meeting of up to 100 guests. Stay productive in the well-equipped business center and enjoy complimentary parking and WiFi throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Hilton EMEA, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Resort Zanzibar - Nungwi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Resort Zanzibar - Nungwi Hotel Nungwi
- DoubleTree By Hilton Resort Zanzibar - Nungwi Zanzibar Island