Me and my wife spent 3 nights here on our honeymoon. The resort is very beautiful but what was really impressive to us was a few things that stood: the food here is probably some of the best in Zanzibar, and that's saying something because its all served buffet style. The pool is excellent and has a great pool bar serving drinks and delicious pizzas all day. The staff were quite simply amazing to work with, everyone from Abdul at reception to the manager who came to personally great us after we checked in to make sure everything was in order. The security is very good and makes sure the local beach boys that are very common in Zanzibar do not trouble residents. Two things to keep in mind before you stay here: the dive center on site is poor (we had probably the worst dive trip ever) and I would suggest you use a different dive center if you are staying here. Second the Nungwe beach is not much of a beach although when the tide rolls back, you can walk all along the coast as local Zanzibaris fish for octopus and crabs. If you're looking for a nice beach, I would stay at Kendwe instead (however we didn't find a hotel of this calibre in Kendwe).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unwind at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Zanzibar-Nungwi, set on the most northern tip of Zanzibar in Tanzania. Feel valued and cared for on arrival with a freshly baked DoubleTree chocolate chip cookie. Relax in a spacious guest room with a private balcony and ocean panoramas or upgrade to a two-room suite and feel pampered with a 30-minute house massage, fully stocked mini bar, and daily fruit basket.Boasting a traditional Zanzibar style with Makuti palm leaf roofs, this Nungwi hotel offers spectacular sea views and direct beach access. Relax on pristine, white sand with sun beds and parasols and explore the tropical waters while scuba diving or snorkeling. Plunge into the outdoor, freshwater pool or sip on cocktails and fresh fruit juices from Dolphin’s pool bar. Continue your exercise routine in the modern fitness center or enjoy morning yoga on the beach.Savor innovative international and fusion specialties at Fisherman Bar & Grill before admiring the Zanzibar sunset and trying authentic Shisha aromatic tobacco. Enjoy traditional, live entertainment at Ngalawa Restaurant and savor delicious local cuisine next to the beach.Celebrate your dream wedding with stunning, exotic backdrops, host your special event on the beach, or choose from three flexible function rooms for your next corporate meeting of up to 100 guests. Stay productive in the well-equipped business center and enjoy complimentary parking and WiFi throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Resort Zanzibar - Nungwi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Resort Zanzibar - Nungwi Hotel Nungwi
- DoubleTree By Hilton Resort Zanzibar - Nungwi Zanzibar Island