The hotel is about an hour's drive away from Stone Town with some dirt tracks and some very bad humps along the way, but once you get there you forget about all that! The big wooden gates were opened as we approached the entrance and the reception to the hotel looks brilliant. We were greeted by smiles and plenty of hi's/hellos/jambos. We were given a hot cookie and a tasty little glass ice tea as we waited for the check in procedures.
The rooms were fantastic, with fresh flowers being put on the bed everyday, and room service which was a little bit early for my liking but I do like a good lie in and I did not make use of the signs for outside to let them know we did not want to be disturbed.
The hotel itself is was beautiful, and well equipped. We stayed in a twin room, in which we had three people staying so we asked for another bed. The single bed was sturdy and looked relatively comfortable. The bathroom was clean and spacious, with proper hot water (the first time in 5 days I managed to have a proper shower). The room itself had a TV in it, and a small balcony with seats for two people. The view from the balcony was amazing, with a good view of the private beach, the pool, as well as the rest of the hotel.The beach was a dream come true, breakfast was pretty damn good, and the facilities were nice.
The best aspect of this hotel were the staff. Quite possibly some of the friendliest staff on earth, everyone smiling and greeting you well. They always arrange little things for everyone to do (we played a football match against some of the others staying at the hotel on the beach).
The surrounding area is very non-touristy and that just adds to the charms of the hotel, and you feel like you have found a diamond in the middle of the nungwi desert :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unwind at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Zanzibar-Nungwi, set on the most northern tip of Zanzibar in Tanzania. Feel valued and cared for on arrival with a freshly baked DoubleTree chocolate chip cookie. Relax in a spacious guest room with a private balcony and ocean panoramas or upgrade to a two-room suite and feel pampered with a 30-minute house massage, fully stocked mini bar, and daily fruit basket.Boasting a traditional Zanzibar style with Makuti palm leaf roofs, this Nungwi hotel offers spectacular sea views and direct beach access. Relax on pristine, white sand with sun beds and parasols and explore the tropical waters while scuba diving or snorkeling. Plunge into the outdoor, freshwater pool or sip on cocktails and fresh fruit juices from Dolphin’s pool bar. Continue your exercise routine in the modern fitness center or enjoy morning yoga on the beach.Savor innovative international and fusion specialties at Fisherman Bar & Grill before admiring the Zanzibar sunset and trying authentic Shisha aromatic tobacco. Enjoy traditional, live entertainment at Ngalawa Restaurant and savor delicious local cuisine next to the beach.Celebrate your dream wedding with stunning, exotic backdrops, host your special event on the beach, or choose from three flexible function rooms for your next corporate meeting of up to 100 guests. Stay productive in the well-equipped business center and enjoy complimentary parking and WiFi throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Resort Zanzibar - Nungwi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Resort Zanzibar - Nungwi Hotel Nungwi
- DoubleTree By Hilton Resort Zanzibar - Nungwi Zanzibar Island