We travelled to DoubleTree in August 2013. We stayed for 6 nights and had a wonderful stay. We were warmly welcomed at the reception by the lovely staff whom promptly brought us delightful beverages. We were then shown to our room; we had a balcony with a sea view and the room really was lovely and well equipt with the extras which really showed how professional everything was. The pool was very clean and well maintained and the pool bar was also lovely (although there were a fair few flies although I guess that can't be helped?!) The beach was absolutely gorgeous, I don't understand how anyone can even dream of faulting it?! All of the beach guards were friendly and chatty, I even enjoyed having conversations with the beach sellers as they too were lovely people. Infact, all of the staff were extremely professional and polite, I enjoyed trying out my Swahili with them! The food was lovely every day with a great variety and the also had a wonderful BBQ and fish grill which was absolutely exquisite.
My only problem was that our room had rather bad damp which was exaggerated by the amount of water left after the cleaners had mopped, although this was sufferable to stay in such a wonderful place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unwind at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Zanzibar-Nungwi, set on the most northern tip of Zanzibar in Tanzania. Feel valued and cared for on arrival with a freshly baked DoubleTree chocolate chip cookie. Relax in a spacious guest room with a private balcony and ocean panoramas or upgrade to a two-room suite and feel pampered with a 30-minute house massage, fully stocked mini bar, and daily fruit basket.Boasting a traditional Zanzibar style with Makuti palm leaf roofs, this Nungwi hotel offers spectacular sea views and direct beach access. Relax on pristine, white sand with sun beds and parasols and explore the tropical waters while scuba diving or snorkeling. Plunge into the outdoor, freshwater pool or sip on cocktails and fresh fruit juices from Dolphin’s pool bar. Continue your exercise routine in the modern fitness center or enjoy morning yoga on the beach.Savor innovative international and fusion specialties at Fisherman Bar & Grill before admiring the Zanzibar sunset and trying authentic Shisha aromatic tobacco. Enjoy traditional, live entertainment at Ngalawa Restaurant and savor delicious local cuisine next to the beach.Celebrate your dream wedding with stunning, exotic backdrops, host your special event on the beach, or choose from three flexible function rooms for your next corporate meeting of up to 100 guests. Stay productive in the well-equipped business center and enjoy complimentary parking and WiFi throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Resort Zanzibar - Nungwi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Resort Zanzibar - Nungwi Hotel Nungwi
- DoubleTree By Hilton Resort Zanzibar - Nungwi Zanzibar Island