I stayed at this resort for a long weekend while working in Dar es Salem, An organised trip when in Tanzania, booked the ferry at the port and the hotel on line it was Cheaper than Chips in the U.K. Taxi from hotel to ferry port for a ferry trip to the island landing in stone town - the location were Freddy mercury was born visit the local bar in stone town before leaving- the taxi was booked when at the port by a local taxi sales guy as you board, I highly recommend this as they will be insured to take you to any resort within Zanzibar Always ask before you take a ride, If the taxi driver do not carry the relevant papers the police will charge YOU as a bribe to continue your journey this may happen more than once Be WARNED!!!
The double tree hotel is a fair distance from the port but a welcoming drive to arrival through the local villages then the gates of the resort welcome you, once in you will be shown to your accommodation an apartment which will be decorated with rose petals in all rooms and the bedding fabulous for that romantic reception for your partner. It will overlook the most beautiful outlook of Sky Blue Indian ocean and white sands before it = this was in my case about 100 metres.
The beach you can walk as far as it takes you passing various beach located bars and eating places tables on the beach in the evening A nice touch. the hotel has its own pool with bar and usual health facilities and commodities you would expect from a highly respectable chain of hotels - absolutely enjoyed the experience of being within the confinements of the Indian ocean plenty of time to sit around watch the world go bye . Falling out of the time Zone just the sun going down in the evening and the first light of day. Fantastic location for the experienced traveller with confidence .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unwind at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Zanzibar-Nungwi, set on the most northern tip of Zanzibar in Tanzania. Feel valued and cared for on arrival with a freshly baked DoubleTree chocolate chip cookie. Relax in a spacious guest room with a private balcony and ocean panoramas or upgrade to a two-room suite and feel pampered with a 30-minute house massage, fully stocked mini bar, and daily fruit basket.Boasting a traditional Zanzibar style with Makuti palm leaf roofs, this Nungwi hotel offers spectacular sea views and direct beach access. Relax on pristine, white sand with sun beds and parasols and explore the tropical waters while scuba diving or snorkeling. Plunge into the outdoor, freshwater pool or sip on cocktails and fresh fruit juices from Dolphin’s pool bar. Continue your exercise routine in the modern fitness center or enjoy morning yoga on the beach.Savor innovative international and fusion specialties at Fisherman Bar & Grill before admiring the Zanzibar sunset and trying authentic Shisha aromatic tobacco. Enjoy traditional, live entertainment at Ngalawa Restaurant and savor delicious local cuisine next to the beach.Celebrate your dream wedding with stunning, exotic backdrops, host your special event on the beach, or choose from three flexible function rooms for your next corporate meeting of up to 100 guests. Stay productive in the well-equipped business center and enjoy complimentary parking and WiFi throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton EMEA, Hotelopia, Odigeo, Jovago.com and Holiday Gems so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Resort Zanzibar - Nungwi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Resort Zanzibar - Nungwi Hotel Nungwi
- DoubleTree By Hilton Resort Zanzibar - Nungwi Zanzibar Island