1,863 results
All reviews double tree pool bar fisherman's grill all inclusive package different theme stone town front desk manager beach front low tide local village special thanks beach boys hotel grounds the hotel manager ocean view our honeymoon evening entertainment
Reviewed 30 June 2015

it whas fantastic, one hell off a holiday the staff is terific the food is very good the manager is great the rooms and swimmingpool is fantastic. i would promote the hilton to any body.the village people that we met whas also very friendly and helpfull

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank Phillippina Joh... B
Marco C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Resort Zanzibar - Nungwi, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2015

Dear Philippina,

Thank you for the amazing words and for sharing your experience with this community.

It will be a pleasure to extend your comment to the whole team.

Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Zanzibar.

Warm regards

Reviewed 30 June 2015

I was in the hotel for 10 nights

The food is very nice and fresh
The best breakfast in Zanzibar and I was in three more hotels in Zanzibar

The only problem I sew is the beds that are not comfortable.

The manager from South Africa that I forgot is name
Is very kind and nice , he always ask for you and if u have any problem he will solve it

Room Tip: Front beach
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued customer,

it is with great pleasure that we learn about your satisfaction and extremely happy that you had a memorable experience.

I will make sure that Shaun, our Executive Assistant Manager, receives your feedback and I will be happy to extend it to the rest of the team.

We all look forward to the great pleasure of welcoming you back to Nungwi soon.

Reviewed 29 June 2015

There's good service, then there's the Hilton at Nungwi standard of service - par excellence.

My friend and I travelled to Zanzibar in June as a winter escape from a cold Johannesburg. I knew we would have a good holiday - but my expectations were far exceeded - thanks to the exceptional service and standards of the team at Doubletree Hilton - Nungwi beach.
From the minute we arrived, we were served with warmth, generosity and hospitality - we arrived as guests but left feeling part of a Hilton Nungwi family.

On arrival at the hotel, we were treated to refreshing rose scented towels, choc chip cookies and cool tamarind juice - a delicious first of many exceptional drinks we were to sample.
The check-in was managed with ease and our relaxing holiday started immediately.The GM introduced himself to us upon check-in and requested that we let him know if there was anything he and his staff could do to make our stay better - and he was very true to this promise. Nothing is too much to ask and everything they do is a pleasure - a lesson which so many establishments can learn from.

We were impressed with every aspect of the hotel. Our room was always decorated with the prettiest of island flowers and with a stunning views of the inviting pool and turquoise ocean.

The main restaurant serves a delicious array of breakfasts , lunches and themed dinners - all enjoyed with a view of the ocean - which is literally on your doorstep. The staff get to know you by name and we were greeted and welcomed to our favourite table at the front of the restaurant and with the best view each day.
Every day they serve a different fresh fruit juice with flavours ranging from mango, pineapple and watermelon as well as tropical fruit called bongo. They also serve exquisite salads, using a range of island produce.
I have an allergy to shellfish - the chef prepared seperate gourmet lunches for me on the day that Asian or prawn based dishes were served to ensure I could enjoy a delicious meal without a risk of being sick.

The best part of the day is sunset when we enjoyed cool cocktails whilst enjoying the view of the sun setting over the sea. On one occasion I requested a cocktail which the barman had not previously made - he went out of his way to create a version of a cosmopolitan for me - and a "watermelon cosmopolitan" was born :)

The hotel has a small health spa which offers many of the usual treatments plus Ayurvedic and Zanzibar style treatments - the leg massages are so good that we had a second treatment - excellent and highly recommended. The resort boasts a haven of beautiful gardens, easy access to the ocean and a sparkling pool.

Shaun, the GM at Doubletree , is a wealth of knowledge and assisted my friend and I with advice on the area , where to visit , to shop and all sorts of other helpful information to make our time at Nungwi a wonderfully happy and relaxed one. His warm, kind demeanour is reflected in all his staff and its obvious that he and his team have created a winning formula to give their guests a true Zanzibar welcome coupled with the professionalism of Hilton's standards.

We visited other hotels in the area - they may be equally beautiful but they lack the warmth, hospitality and naturally welcoming nature of the team at Doubletree.

Asante sana to Shaun and his entire team including Christian, Viktor, Godfrey, Jagdish and a special thank you to Nema, Pilly, Agatha, Mochano and Siwa.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
3  Thank Mandira_11

Dear Mandira,

Thank you for this stunning review!

It was our pleasure having you with us and pamper you. Our aim is to care about small things that make you feel at home and make you feel safe.

With us nothing is a problem and your only concern is to enjoy your holiday.

We all hope to see you soon back to Nungwi.

Reviewed 29 June 2015

We had the best time ever at Double Tree. I can't fault anything. The service, staff, food, rooms were all excellent. We would go back in a heartbeat. Manage Shaun went over and above his duty to make our stay even more memorable. Thank you so much, we will be back.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank L_Hartslief

Dear Hartslief,

what a wonderful review!! Thank you for sharing it with us.

It will be my pleasure to share this with Shaun and the rest of the team.

Look forward to seeing you back to Nungwi soon.

Reviewed 28 June 2015 via mobile

My friend and I had an absolute phenomenal holiday at this hotel.

The customer service is one of the best I've ever received and the staff are extremely friend. The waitrons and waiters are well trained ie Shukuru, Grace, Agatha, Omar and Philly. Not to mention Nestory makes a mean cocktail.

The mangers Shaun, Godfrey and Victor go out their way for every guest and make you feel extremely welcome.

The food for the all inclusive package was well worth it.

The beach area in front of the hotel is beautiful and safe to swim in. One just gets bothered by too many beach boys trying to sell things.

Just one recommendation I would have liked the hotel to host more activities ie volleyball.

I wouldn't advise anyone to visit Zanzibar during Ramadan though.

Regards

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends

Dear Carlyn,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

I am so happy to see that the team went beyond to make your stay a memorable one. It will be a pleasure to share your feedback with Shaun and team.

We are glad to hear that you appreciated our private beach which allows you a relaxed and safe holiday.

We all look forward to seeing you back to Nungwi soon.