“Very nice people And good instructors/equipment”

East Africa Diving Centre
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I had my first dive in Z hotel Zanzibar. the staf. In east africe were very friendly and patient. We had a pool dive and a 12 meter ocean dive the next dy for 110usd, which i thought was quite reasonable. It was not the best season for diving so the visibility was wuite low. But for a beginner that was least of my worries.
Definetely recommended

Reviewed 12 November 2013

If you only dive once or twice here, the price of 80 USD per dive may be a bit steep, but I got 14 dives for 700$. I have to mention that I only rented a shorty and BCD at the shop, obviously.
If you get the chance, take the slowboat to local reefs, the speedboat had no ladder and was difficult to get onto after the dive + you have to pay 30$ extra for taking the speedboat to mnemba. (a bit farther away).
2 downsides: no nitrox and even if you have a DIN regulator, you only get 200 bar max in the tank.
Overall I was quite satisfied with EADC.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

The dive shop is nice and staff is friendly. However, I found 160 USD for 2 dives at Mnemba Island a bit overpriced compared to other dive trips I made before. Our guide was super nice and focused, but considering that she was supposed to be familiar with the local environment and reef, she didn't show anything during the dive. I also have other (better) experiences in this regard. My friend experienced the same in the group he was diving. I had expected a little bit more.

1  Thank Miss0000
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I worked in Nungwi as a dive instructor over 10 years ago. In the beginning I was a freelancer and then I moved more towards working for EADC, ( East Africa Diving Center). At the time I felt they were the best operation on the island and I am really happy to say they still are! After such a long time I was welcomed with open arms. It was like going back to a family for me. Sugu and Bungi, two of the boat captains that I used to work with, also came to greet me. For staff like that to stay with a school for such a long time says something about how the dive school is run and how Michael and Delene run things. In all my experience of working in the dive industry, I have never worked with such a professional and reliable operation as EADC. Reliability in Africa is hard, but they manage it. A lot has changed in Nungwi over 10 yeras, EADC has changed with it but Delene and Michael have`nt. For them it is business as usual which is what sets them apart from the rest. It is easy to see they are in it for the long haul, they care about the divers, the staff and they invest money back into the business. The equipment is top notch and the boats offer you the best diving opportunities in Zanzibar.

Looking forward to bringing my kids to dive with you guys.

See you soon and all the best
Simon Ashton. PADI Insrtuctor § 603728

2  Thank sidive
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Good Gear, Good Boats, Good Staff, Great Diving. Look no further for all your diving and snorkelling with dolphins fixes in Nungwi.