“Amazing dive sites in Zanzibar”

Spanish Dancer Divers
Ranked #1 of 16 Tours in Nungwi
More attraction details
Owner description: Top quality PADI dive center in Nungwi, Zanzibar. We offer the best dives in Zanzibar including Mnemba Atoll, Leven Bank, Tumbatu, Magic Reef and much more. We teach a full range of PADI courses in English, French, German, Spanish, Italian and Hebrew. Spanish Dancer Divers pay a lot of attention to customer experience. We would like to be you best Zanzibar memory. Come join us!!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I stayed in Zanzibar las week diving with Spanish dancers and it was an amazing exprience. There are increidble dive sites where you can always see spectacular fishes, turtles, dolphins...!
The diving center is well equiped, in a friendly atmosphere. Between dives they give you food and water and you can just relax in the speed boat.
It has been a nice experience to dive with you in Zanzibar! Thank you very much I won't forget it!!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
There are newer reviews for Spanish Dancer Divers

Reviewed 18 April 2014

I did the open water diver course on three days. If you take the time to read the book you will understand everything pretty quick and skip to the practical parts (the fun parts). The equipment were good and I really liked and trusted my instructor Shee. I had a lot of fun and after my course I signed up for more open water dives. I really recommend everyone to visit Spanish Dancer Divers when you're in Nungwi.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE! So our diving group left at 8:30 am to go diving the first dive was great since I practiced my scuba skills a day before. So it was time to do a second dive in another dive site. It was me the instructor and another female it was her first time diving in the ocean too. However, the female had a partner who was a certified diver.Everything was going fine until I couldn't see my instructor and was lost under water. The beginner female's partner helped me navigate a bit and then told me I was out of air and needed to go up he helped me find my instructor and my instructor looked for the other female beginner diver and we slowly came up. I was scared because I thought I was out of air so when I come up and ask my instructor what's wrong and she did not tell me. I asked her if I was out of air she didn't answer, she swam further away from me and told me to swim after her. The waves were strong and I told her I was not a good swimmer. My vest was inflated and she told me to lie on my back and do a back stroke all the whole I was freaking out about having no air. I told her I can't do a back stroke and I told her I can't swim in the ocean the current is too strong! She yells angry "I can't help you" and that's when I turn in to panick mode. When someone tells you they can't help you and your in the middle of the ocean and you can't see any boat nearby it's scary. So I start freaking out and I keep telling her to help me and then I flipped onto my back and just floated! I swallowed tons of salt water. So finally she Huffs and puffs angrily and drags me on my back to this guy holding a rope in the water so I can get on the boat. Once I am on the boat safely I am so upset I ask her what went wrong she rudely says the weather was too choppy we had to come back up. I told her the other females partner told me I was out of air she said no I was not. I told her that's why I was freaking out or else I could have had more confidence to swim. She said I don't know who told you that. Then I tell her she should have told me I was not out of air! She should have told me to relax and that everything is going to be okay. She didn't say anything comforting to me while I was freaking out. Even if I was going to drown she should have tried to comfort me. Then get this. The motor on the boat we are on stops working and there are 7 divers far out there running low on air! They are surfacing and we can't get to them. So 20 mins later the company sends 2 boats to get them and us on the broken boat have to swim to the other boat. So at this point I'm terrified of the ocean because it's so choppy and it's deep and I have swallowed so much water. Then I demand a life jacket a rescue ring and a professional company diver to accompany me to the next boat. The life jacket's zipper was broken! Broken! I did make an official complaint to the company manager! When I was complaining to him ke kept saying when an individual is panicking their perception of real life events gets blurred? He was making me feel like I was lying.

2  Thank kulsum k
Spanish_Dancer_Diver, Manager at Spanish Dancer Divers, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Hi Kulsum.
Thank you very much for your review as we value it just like any other reviews as through such reviews we learn and improve where appropriate.As to my memories of this day, i can say it was a bad day and i do understand your frustration.After talking to you when you were back at the centre, all we said to you is that its not good to report inappropriate things, we meant saying that you were out of air was not true as this could have led to sacking of the involved staff as this is now how we work.We do not allow anybody to keep diving below 50 bars of air and if this was true, then someone would have lost her job which i think it would be bad considering that you were not out of air.Just cause if you are out of air you cant breath at all,you will agree with me that you were breathing all the way to the surface.we did taught you about the Pressure gauge but you did not look at it and only relied on another student diver telling you that you were out of air wheres after we asked her why she said that to you she denied saying that at all.
About the engine failure,we acted upon our best sending 2 boats in within 10-15 minutes after being informed.As you remember, the weather was rough and had we brought the boats together side by side we would have broken either one or both.We chose to ask everybody to swim to the other boat which was only 5mts away.Due to the fact that you are not a comfortable swimmer,with your wetsuit on,a life jacket on and a swim ring all for you, i regret there was not much more we could have done to assure you safety.Im not accusing you but i think saying that you almost died is not the right term to use.I wish you could consider that again :-)

Reviewed 5 April 2014

I went to Zanzibar for a week with family and friends for my birthday and decided to go diving just one day as we are not all divers... I ended up with 9 dives!! The dive centre is beautifully situated on the beach, the staff is lovely, friendly, professional and easily approachable. We went to different sites almost every time and I just never had enough. I am an experienced diver and have been diving all over the world for the past 15 years and I am happy to say this is one of the best experiences I have ever had. Visibility was fantastic, marine life fabulous, staff were in control at all times and most important, it was FUN and SAFE. I am already planning a trip back to Zanzibar and Shee, Machala, Rama, Osman, Chris & Claudia are definitely the reason for it!

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Hello All,
I just would like to mention that I spend a great week of diving with the Spanish Dancer Divers' Team.
They are professionals and very friendly.
I could arrange everything in avance via email and I received the service I had chosen: I really recommend you to dive with them as I really get a great time with them.

I am sure you will enjoy it like I did.