We came to this hotel by accident. The hotel we booked had a broken generator and therefore they gave us the chance to stay here. How lucky were we ! By arrivel at the Essque Zalu Hotel we were immediatly impressed. Beautiful design, lovely people, ... It was peaceful, quiet and relaxing. Polé Polé as the locals would say. A nice younglady brought us to our junior suite, of which we had anything except complaints. The bathroom didn't have a bath, but the shower was so luxurious big, that we didn't miss a bath at all. After unpacking our baggs, we went for some food. The hotel has 3 different places where you can eat: in the hotel downstaires (outdoor of indoor), one upstaires and one in the middle of the ocean. We ate at all 3 and the food was outstanding ! We've been to many restaurants in our lives, but this was the best food we've ever ate, by far ! (also the best Mojito).
We would like to thank all the people who work at the hotel. They are so motivated and very kind. Therefore, our special thanks to the men and women from the restaurants, Mr. Aman and his collegues at the bar, the manager Monsieur Nicolas, the Chef, ...
The hotel is situated right at the beach. It's very nice to take a walk over the beach. It also has a fitness area, a spa and a shop, where you can buy souvenirs, juwelery and others.
Only the pool requires some taking use to, because of the salt water. But except from that, we have absolutely nothing bad to say about this hotel. We simply miss it already. A lot.
Nils & Nakita Timmermans
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a deep breath of fresh Indian ocean air, relax and unwind. Essque Zalu Zanzibar is an intimate boutique destination nestled in a natural cove in the north east coast of Unguja (alias Zanzibar). Essque Zalu Zanzibar combines contemporary luxury with a real sense of place. This boutique hotel has the turquoise waters of the Indian ocean to one side and lush green forest to the other, and there is just a hint of spice in the warm and fragrant tropical air. At Essque Zalu Zanzibar, create your own personal paradise, your own kind of luxury, an experience of a lifetime. Choose from 40 individual suites and 8 villas all with picturesque views over the lush tropical garden or the ocean turquoise blue. Our suites offer a luxurious-styled space crafted from local materials, adorned with native artwork and housed under a traditional pitched makuti roof. From farm to table, we take great pride in our sumptuous cooking. Satisfy your taste buds with a choice of two unique restaurants, three well stocked bars and a variety of destination dining experiences. Unashamedly indulgent, the Spa comprises of two couples treatment rooms, four single rooms, vichy shower, a sauna and steam room - a haven of restorative and rejuvenating perfection. Using only 100% truly organic and natural ingredients, our focus is on capturing the intelligence of nature in the restorative process. We know that the essence of nature can synergistically interact with the energy system, and this knowledge forms the basis of our Africology creations, all orchestrated to help you lead a more holistic lifestyle. Essque Zalu is your outpost into the first steps of the wildness and tranquility of Zanzibar. Reconnect with nature and experience a land rich in life and uninhabited space. We offer guests the opportunity to partake in activities to experience some of the islands most Spectacular and scenic excursions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, HostelWorld, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Essque Zalu Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Essque Zalu Zanzibar Hotel Nungwi
- Essque Zalu Zanzibar Zanzibar Island/Nungwi