There are so many good things to say about this property its difficult to know to begin, however, apart from flawless housekeeping, well maintained grounds, friendly and attentive staff and good food, it was the outstanding levels of service and the "can do" attitude of the staff that really stands out. Nothing is a problem here and every request no matter how mundane was fulfilled with a smile and that aforementioned can do attitude. I loved the pool area and the jetty restaurant at the end of the pier. I indulged in a number of treatments at the on-site spa, all of them good and can be recommended. I stayed in a garden room and was perfectly happy with it. The huge bathroom, walk in closets and good quality linen and towels all added to a sense of pure luxury.
Another impressive aspect is the hotels attempt to reduce its carbon footprint. Motion sensor lighting in public area bathrooms among other small but important efforts are well received.
In short, a great hotel with outstanding service and I most certainly would return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a deep breath of fresh Indian ocean air, relax and unwind. Essque Zalu Zanzibar is an intimate boutique destination nestled in a natural cove in the north east coast of Unguja (alias Zanzibar). Essque Zalu Zanzibar combines contemporary luxury with a real sense of place. This boutique hotel has the turquoise waters of the Indian ocean to one side and lush green forest to the other, and there is just a hint of spice in the warm and fragrant tropical air. At Essque Zalu Zanzibar, create your own personal paradise, your own kind of luxury, an experience of a lifetime. Choose from 40 individual suites and 8 villas all with picturesque views over the lush tropical garden or the ocean turquoise blue. Our suites offer a luxurious-styled space crafted from local materials, adorned with native artwork and housed under a traditional pitched makuti roof. From farm to table, we take great pride in our sumptuous cooking. Satisfy your taste buds with a choice of two unique restaurants, three well stocked bars and a variety of destination dining experiences. Unashamedly indulgent, the Spa comprises of two couples treatment rooms, four single rooms, vichy shower, a sauna and steam room - a haven of restorative and rejuvenating perfection. Using only 100% truly organic and natural ingredients, our focus is on capturing the intelligence of nature in the restorative process. We know that the essence of nature can synergistically interact with the energy system, and this knowledge forms the basis of our Africology creations, all orchestrated to help you lead a more holistic lifestyle. Essque Zalu is your outpost into the first steps of the wildness and tranquility of Zanzibar. Reconnect with nature and experience a land rich in life and uninhabited space. We offer guests the opportunity to partake in activities to experience some of the islands most Spectacular and scenic excursions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Preferred Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Jovago.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Southall Travel, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, HostelWorld, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Essque Zalu Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Essque Zalu Zanzibar Hotel Nungwi
- Essque Zalu Zanzibar Zanzibar Island/Nungwi