“extra mile”
Review of Diving Poseidon

Diving Poseidon
Ranked #3 of 17 Tours in Nungwi
More attraction details
Owner description: We run a small diving centre, with the Austrian owners personally looking after your best! We have brand new equipment, our own locally built dhow (boat), friendly crew, experienced guides and always fresh fruits for you on board. We dive in small groups, trying to accomodate all individual preferences and make daily visits to breathtaking dive spots including Mnemba Marine Park. We offer PADI courses from beginners up to Dive Master. We can also assist you in finding the best accomodation for your needs! Karibuni Zanzibar!
Reviewed 10 November 2013

The couple from vienna, who is running poseidon, never hesitate to do the extra mile. You just need to visit them and ask some questions to realise the big difference!
Very helpful, honest, alway finding a tailored service exactly according your wishes and expectations.
We enjoyed it very much and out of the many divecenters we got in touch during the last 20 years poseidon is under the top 3.

Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had never been diving before, I've always felt it was a rather expensive hobby. However, after spending a day with Diving Poseidon doing their discover scuba diving I can say that it was one of the most amazing experiences and incredibly worth it. We're hooked!

Bernard, Ilse and Mbwana are incredibly friendly and approachable, and always professional. An afternoon of basic training (including basic skills in shallow water) was followed by a day out at Mnemba on the reefs. I found the diving to be much easier than I had anticipated, and even though my wife initially struggled to equalise, Bernard was exceptionally encouraging and supportive, even though she wouldn't release his hand for the entire first dive! Altogether it was a thoroughly enjoyable day.

At no point did we feel that our inexperience annoyed Bernard or any of the other divers. We're already looking into doing our Open Water Diver course.

We cannot recommend Diving Poseidon highly enough!

Reviewed 17 October 2013

Just got back from doing rescue certification, a night dive, and a few other fun dives with the lovely folks at Diving Poseidon.

I am generally quite critical, however they impressed me on all levels.

The staff were friendly and helpful. They did all the little things to make your tanks and such ready for the dive so you really could just relax and be on VACATION.

In addition the staff were super helpful and patient with us (and our mistakes!) while pursuing rescue certification.

And lastly they helped us with a large number of non diving things where we needed help from advice on restaurants, directions, and so on.

They were great and we would recommend them to any friend!

I recommend the night dive in particular, very cool!

Reviewed 17 October 2013

We are a couple from Barcelona, Spain and we went to Zanzíbar to dive and relax and we were very lucky because we found Diving Poseidón, which was close to our hotel and we had a great experience with them that we'll never forget. It is a great diving centre with great and lovely people working there. Thank Bernhard, Ilse, Mbwana and Masoud for an amazing experience that we'll always keep in our memories. Hope to go back soon!!!

Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

We spent one day diving to Mnemba island with Bernhard the owner of the diving center an it was a great moment.
With his wife they are very welcoming.
The equipment is almost new.
We saw many things under water (and also dolphins!)
We had a lunch (snacks) on the boat included in the price and it was excellent.