Hideaway of Nungwi Resort & Spa
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$195
Agoda.com
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
1,681 results
All reviewsaqua restaurantcarnivorous restaurantjacuzzi suiteteppanyaki restaurantgoshtgala dinnerour honeymoonall inclusive packagea la carte restaurantsguest relationsspecial thanksinfinity pooldiving centerkids clubbeach barbutler servicerooms are beautiful
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Hideaway is AMAZING!! From the colourful Gardens to the Crystal clear beach! The resort offered 5 star delicious cuisines with the best services.The children had the best time with well equiped children's centre and care-takers at all times. The Health spa/jacuzzi is a must for anyone visitng Hideaway! After a number of activities at Hideaway, the one thing that stands out from all are the suites and huge bathrooms. Well-designed, very comfortable and spacious!

Overall Hideaway is exotic, charming staff, and i would definately go again!

Room Tip: Corner Superior Suites are very spacious with ocean view and best sunsets!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Yassa_2013
Samantha B, Guest Relations Manager at Hideaway of Nungwi Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2013

Dear Yassa_2013, we are so happy to hear that the girls had a good time. They will grow up to be heartbreakers. Please give them a bear hug from Hideaway. With kind regards, Samantha

Reviewed 21 May 2013

We stayed in this beautiful resort for 2N/3D with our two kids on all inclusive basis...i must say that this place is amazing and they have beautiful beach. let me categorize:-

Pool - They have a beautiful infinity pool with a rim flow and with equal depth of 1.25m. In the same pool they have done a Rc wall partition for kids pool which is the best concept in terms of keeping an eye on kids. Well equiped with pool beds and no need to reserve your beds early morning by keeping your towel as many people do so!

Rooms - we were in Prestige Beach Villa (Kusini)...just stunning with the design concept and the best view of the sunset from this villa. They have a plunge pool in this villa (actually you cannot say plunge because is as good as a normal pool due to its depth of 1.2m). Rooms are beautifully decorated with optional two flat screen TV (although the channels are very few and reception quality is not clear due to some technical fault), The best part of this villa is the outside patio with the private pool!

Food - for vegetarians i would say its average but they are trying hard and goes beyond to satisfy your meals requirement - am sure they will improve! But the snacks and drinks served at the pool bar are delicious including their Pizzas!

Beach - i would they are very lucky to have this beautiful beach as compared to other resorts...very clean white sandy and the sea is crystal clear blue on the shallow end. they have a small beach bar as well which is a good idea. Water sports are there but with extras as it does not include under All Inclusive basis.

Restaurants - they have three main rest - Aqua (for all inclusive basis), Carnivorous & More and Ishi teppanayaki on option pay basis. But i must appreciate the interiors for these two optional restaurants, its just wow & beautifully designed!

Staff: all the staffs are very friendly and helpful but there are always some small weaknesses which are ignorable!Overall they are all doing their best to make you feel homely.

Spa/Massage - They have created a state of art hideaway spa. My wife went for a massage and she liked it very much, so i am pretty much sure that they are good...

Mosquitoes - were lucky as didn't find any...but yes there were few flies and i suppose due to weather at this period.

Kids club - well catered for kids with well trained kids representative!
They do also have a small library and a sunset cigar/shisha lounge on pay basis...

Overall it's a beautiful resort which i will always recommend to all that it's definitely worth a visit.

I must thank to Ms Samantha and Mr. George for making us feel more comfortable and making sure of all our needs. Also not forgetting Mr. Mark (Restaurant in charge) and the main Chef for trying hard to satisfy us in veg meals.

Oh yeah - my kids loved the acrobatic show which was performed after the dinner time.

Room Tip: Prestige Beach Villa - rm no 168 (Kusini)
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
9  Thank Deepak2004

Dear dsdDsm, we sincerely appreciate your extensive comments. I was very glad to speak to you at length on your last morning. When will you return? With kind regards, Samantha

Reviewed 16 May 2013

This resort is an amazing place to spend a vacation, by my point of view, I wish i could live here forever. Everything is so beautiful: the SPA, the beach, rooms and amazing food. I had enjoyed three incredible sunsets form the Cigar Lounge and I had my favourite drink and a fresh Romeo y Giulieta chatting with random friends. Three days are not enough even if I think even a month is not enough for a place like this. I live in Nairobi and this is the perfect place to run away from the problems of a big city: one hour and half from paradise then!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Gary B

Dear Gary B, so glad to hear your glowing comments of our magical sunsets. When will you come back to see three more? Until the next time and with kind regards, Samantha

Reviewed 10 May 2013

I was joined by a group from Africa Stay and stayed at Hideaway for only 2 nights (wish it was longer though). I loved the ambience it had to it and the friendly staff all through the Resort. The food was great with a big variety to choose from and the views of the ocean made the experience so much more worth it.

The rooms are well located and very private. You have a big king size bed with a small lounge area that looks out onto the ocean. Very nice ammenities and the bed was extremely comfy and beautiful. The bathroom took my breath away! The smaller details that were done really made the bathroom look out of this world.

I am definitely going back and I won't be staying for 2 nights... 5 nights minimum! Too much to do in too little time. I loved this Resort and a definite property to keep in mind for holiday or honeymoon.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank Alli295
Samantha B, Guest Relations Manager at Hideaway of Nungwi Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2013

Dear Alli295, we thoroughly enjoyed meeting you all. Sharing dinner together on the last night was a pleasure; please do let us know when you return. Until then and with kind regards, Samantha

Reviewed 6 May 2013

I had in this resort the best week end of my life!!! The SPA is a masterpiece!!! In the middle of this beautiful structure there is a big octagon jacuzzi pool where you can enjoy your time after a massage or drink something just chilling with friends (me with my boyfriend).
Morning and afternon time you can have free yoga lessons...half an hour stretching and half an hour yoga. I felt so relaxed after the training.
I wish I could have time to try all the SPA treatments but I had just couple days to enjoy.
I am planning to come again and again...amazing!!!Everything was amazing!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mariah s
Samantha B, Guest Relations Manager at Hideaway of Nungwi Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2013

Dear mariah s, Hideaway is very quiet this evening without our dear South African guests. You must let us know when you decide to return, we are looking forward already. Until then and with kind regards, Samantha