“Never to be forgotten”

Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Nungwi
Faro, Portugal
“Never to be forgotten”
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Ras Nungwi is sheer perfection. I cannot rate it more highly and enjoyed a holiday of a lifetime. The setting is stunning with its white sandy beach and warm aquamarine sea. The bedrooms could not be be more comfortable, beautifully furnished and serviced with fantastic attention to detail. I loved the beach bar for lunch and then the restaurant under the thatched roof in the evening. It was, it is idyllic. However good the accommodation though, it would be nothing if it were not for the truely lovely, friendly, smiling but professional staff. From the bottom of my heart, I can only thank the whole team for making one's stay as pleasurable as it was. I cannot wait to return.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank SAR1112014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 January 2014

We had heard from friends that Ras Nungwi was a fantastic hotel in a beautiful spot, so had high hopes for our weekend there. All of our expectations were met, and more.
The service was charming and friendly right from check in to check out and everywhere in between. The room was beautiful, with a stunning view over the sea, and a lovely private balcony to appreciate it from.
The food was excellent, and also a much more creative and varied menu than I have seen at other similar places.
We had delicious cocktails at the beach bar, and the staff brought round complementary fruit and banana cake which were also excellent; a really nice touch.
All in all, everything you could want from a beautiful, quiet, relaxing holiday, and more.
Thank you Ras Nungwi. See you again soon.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RS12342014
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 January 2014

The best way to find out what an amazing place Ras Nungwi is is to go and stay there ! You won't be disappointed. From the first " Karibu " ( welcome in Swahili ) from the smiling staff who met us on arrival with a drink and a cold towel to our sad departure we were looked after by the most helpful and charming staff that I have experienced. Yet they never intruded. The hotel is in a fabulous location and is really well maintained and wonderfully comfortable. It has a very happy and relaxed atmosphere. The food, accommodation, facilities, service and location are all five star and there are lots of nice touches too, like fresh flowers sprinkled round the room, water and fresh fruit brought to your lounger or hammock ( which was so comfortable ), and minibar prices the same as at the bar. If you enjoy waffles for breakfast, of if like me you did not, get Samir who is in charge of food to make you a four topping savoury waffle. I am now a convert ! Watch out for the delicious fresh fish and amazing beef too. I could go on and on ! Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: We had 2 rooms. The standard room was very good but if you want the best view the rooms at the front...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Charles H
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

From the airport pick up, to the drop-off back there. Absulutely amasing!!! The staff are incredibly intuitive. Enjoying such a break with children is not always easy. At RasNungwi was this an experience such that our return trip is already being booked. Excellent for families and honeymooners alike. Thanks Guys!!!

Stayed January 2014
Reviewed 22 January 2014

There are no words for this place. It's absolutely beautiful. The only complaint I had about the place was that the website does not do it justice. It's exquisite. I loved my stay there so much that i want to come back get married there or do my honeymoon. The grounds are lovely, the rooms or chalets are out of a movie, the staff are friendly and thoughtful. I did the Half board all inclusive which is breakfast and dinner included. The meals are out of this world - dinner is a four course meal that is to die for! Safes in all the rooms, nothing went missing or stolen. The Chalet was cleaned everyday. If you are looking for a nice quiet place to relax - this would be the place. The pool and beach are are great - but the resort also has kayaking, snorkeling and diving to partake in. They will also assist with going into Stonetown if you want to do Spice Tours, sight see or shopping. I bought so much stuff that I had to go to a local market to buy an oversized piece of luggage to fit all my buys! Hands down the best vacation I have ever taken. This would be the only place I would stay at in Zanzibar.

Room Tip: Ask for a chalet on the ocean. You can hear the wave crashing against the rocks every night. It'...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
5starwanted
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Wow! What an absolutely incredible place. I stayed in 4 hotels on Zanzibar and Ras Nungwi is by far the best one. So much to say about it, so have to do bullet points; Stunning beach and views. Beautiful, relaxing pool. Incredibly friendly staff. Fantastic food (a huge range available and very fresh produce). Luxurious bedroom with modern features such as an ipod docking station. Fun games area with pool table, table tennis and darts for some holiday competition. The whole hotel and grounds were always spotless, not a leaf out of place. Great internet connection (always nice to have, and rare in Zanzibar!) So many great little touches too, including waiters bringing fresh fruit and cold face towels to you on the sunloungers every couple of hours. As a hotel manager, I always have a (rather annoying) habit of seeing faults in hotels I stay at, but here I found none at all - much to the relief of my partner! She has made me promise to take her back to Ras Nungwi within the next 12 months - a promise that I cannot wait to fulfil!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 5starwanted
Reviewed 16 January 2014

What a fantastic stay! Our daughter is a Peace Corps Volunteer and has been serving in Southwest Tanzania near the Malawi border for over a year and a half. We traveled to spend Christmas with her and brought her to The Ras Nungwi for 4 nights over Christmas in an effort to "spoil" her a bit since she lives without electricity and running water. Shaun, Angelica, Bacari and the entire staff made our stay absolutely incredible ... "Spoil" is not the right word ... The folks at Ras Nungwi anticipated every move and treated us like royalty. From coming out of the Indian Ocean on Christmas day and having chairs and drinks set up for us on the beach, to the extravagant shows and meals on Christmas eve and Christmas day, they pulled out all the stops. There's no other place to stay on Zanzibar for us. Should we be able to return to Zanzibar, I already know who I'm Calling! Thank you Shaun, Angelica, Bacari and staff for taking such good care of us. Dave, Linda and Mandy Kendall.
p.s. Congrats on your marriage ... our best to you both as you become husband and wife.

Room Tip: We were in a Deluxe Ocean View Villa ... wow ... you can't get any closer to the ocean than that...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family